How much does 90mins football/soccer burn?

Hello people, Just started pre season for my football/soccer team and just put into mfp that I played 90mins of football.

It came up saying I burnt 1500 calories!

Might be a stupid question but does anybody actually know if this is accurate?

Replies

• Zero on the side lines.

Zero on the couch.
  • fhsjewfro
    fhsjewfro Posts: 101 Member
    its not suppose to be spot on, its just suppose to give you an estimate so you can plan your eating better

but yea, that sounds about right
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    I'm 5'11 and weigh 219 lbs and I play Australian Rules Football. During a 90 minute training I burn around 1200 calories which I've determined based on my heart rate monitor. To get the most accurate readout, I'd recommend wearing a HRM to one of your training sessions.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    No way of knowing. Wear a HRM next time. Easily 1000+ if you ran around for a full 90 mins.
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    http://www.healthstatus.com

They have lots and lots of calculators

It said 1582 for me in the database. Depends on your weight etc. Get an HRM, you will not regret it!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Like others said that the exact burn will only be known via HRM

However, since soccer is constantly running (depending on what you doing ofcourse) I would say enter it as 60 minutes of circuit training (lets be serious, you didn't ran entire 90 minutes) and that should be as accurate as possible without a HRM
  • michstre
    michstre Posts: 4 Member
    according to the exercise calculator here 691 calories
  • worldhurdler
    worldhurdler Posts: 153 Member
    That's really going to depend a ton on your position and how intense the game is. 90mins in goal? Probably not. 90mins as center forward in an offense-heavy game? Maybe. It also depends on your weight, fitness level, and HR. The only real way to determine what it is for YOU will be to buy a HR monitor and wear it during your game/practice. Everything else is just going to be a massive guess.
    For example, as a 6'0" tall, 160lb female, I burn around 1200-1400cals running a 1/2 marathon in 2 hrs. That's steady-state cardio with a fairly consistent HR. I can also burn about 630cals/hr doing CrossFit, included all the down time.
    Your soccer games will likely vary every time in what you burn.
  • I play center midfield so im constantly running and its a semi pro league so not just for fun

Looks like I need a HR monitor!

Thanks for the advice

Weight 231lbs
    Height 6ft
    Build Stocky
  • bethmillerwilson
    bethmillerwilson Posts: 43 Member
    I play and have been tracking it on here. I use the Soccer, casual, general category. There is a competitive category as well. I never include the time I sit on the sidelines. I try to estimate the time I spend actually playing. If we only have 2 subs and or I played an entire half without a sub plus some of the other half I go from there. Yesterday I logged 78 minutes and that gave me 721 calories burned. I figure that was close enough. Don't want to over estimate calories burned by too much.
  • tammilk
    tammilk Posts: 86 Member
    I play in a local women's league. It's definitely not casual! Most of the time I play the full 90 minutes and I usually play forward. As one of the fastest on my team I do a ton of sprinting for long balls. I always use soccer competitive and it usually has me at over 1000 calories. I take a couple hundred off from what it tells me. I can't wear my HRM during the game though since we can't have jewelry on. I have worn it practicing and burned a TON of calories!!