heart burn???

Options
I have noticed that im getting some pretty strong heart burn lately. Which I have never really had before. Could it be due to not eating enought?? Or just the kind of things I'm eating???

Replies

• elle18287
    elle18287 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Well maybe... what are you eating and what are your calories like?
  • JoleneCooper
    JoleneCooper Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It is mostly due to what you eat but having it frequently and strongly can actually be from the extra water you're probably drinking. (Especially after a cardio workout or an exercise that puts in a crunch like position) It's really common. Heartburn is caused from things sloshing around in your stomach and allowing gases to evaporate up through the esophagus so having extra water in there will make things bounce around more. Oddly enough, drink more water (and take a tums) to help ease the pain...it will push the water out quicker. Trust me, I'm the queen of heartburn. :devil:
  • dithoma
    dithoma Posts: 31
    Options
    Thank you for the input. I did do a really hard cardio workout this morning, but I did have the same feeling of heart burn yesterday and did not go to the gym at all. I feel like I'm not eating anything out of the ordinary or things with t much acid. I just eat a few tums and my water full and ready to put out my fire :)
  • ashbee03
    ashbee03 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    i couldn't tell you. the only time i EVER had heartburn is when i was pregnant.
    so i have never had anything cause it.
    i know eating spicy things, or carbonated things, gives it to you sometimes.
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    My heartburn disappeared completely after eliminating dairy from my diet. I can eat all the spicy food I want without causing it. Eliminating dairy also improved my acne, allergies and sinus problems. I had no idea that dairy was causing me so much grief. At first it was hard to say goodbye to the cheese, but once I got over the addiction, I felt so much better and in control.
  • dithoma
    dithoma Posts: 31
    Options
    LOL you never know I guess we will find out in about a month :)
  • KerrySlaterr
    Options
    Oh my god I know exactly how you feel!! I tried so many things, stopping drinking milk, not eating tomatoes and nothing seemed to help... actually drinking a bit of apple cider vinegar in water worked very well but it didnt last too long and I had to keep doing it. Wasn't the greatest thing, especially if you know how bad it tastes!! I suggest maybe taking a look at some permament fixes over at OnlineReviewGuru. Their web address is http://www.onlinereviewguru.com/cure-heartburn and if I remember correctly, the product that I ended up using to cure my heartburn was on there but take a look at the other ones and see if there is anything you like. Best of luck!
  • KerrySlaterr
    Options
    Duplicate