What does your name mean?

Options
I am curious. I looked up what my name means on google and this is what it said...

(old english) ash tree town. The baby girl name Ashtyn is also used as a boy name, though it is far more popular for girls. It is pronounced as ae-SHTihN. Ashtyn has its origins in the Old English language and it is used largely in English. Ashtyn is a form of the English Ashley. Ashtyn is also a form of the English Ashton. Ashtyn is unusual as a baby girl name. Its usage peaked modestly in 2003 with 0.014% of baby girls being named Ashtyn. It had a ranking of #881 then. The baby name has substantially slipped in popularity since then, and is of only irregular use today. In 2010, among the family of girl names directly related to Ashtyn, Ashley was the most popular. Ashtyn has mainly been a baby girl name in the last century.

Look your name up and post what it means :)

Replies

• ironicusername
    Options
    Mine is Danielle, a Hebrew name, which means "Judged by God". Ironic, being that I'm agnostic. lol
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Martina (Latin origin): Warrior or Warlike, Servant of Mars, God of War,

**** yes! :)

And according to Urban Dictionary:
    Beautiful. Fun to be around. Great in bed. The best girl ever. Strong, can fight. A great friend. and someone you want to get to know.

Hahaha.
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    I am named after the Hill of Tara in Ireland but other meanings are apparently Queen, Star,Goddess of the sea, and Diamond -go wikipedia!
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Melisa - Greek, meaning Honey-bee.
  • ajohn252
    ajohn252 Posts: 158
    Options
    Arwen = Welsh = fair or fine + in God's grace
  • sheryllamb72
    sheryllamb72 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Cheryl- Originates from french Darling/Dearest
    (origin: 'English'), is a female name which means Variant of the French Cherie dear one: darling. Rhyming variant of names like Meryl and Beryl: originated early twentieth century.

Or Old English meaning Beloved.

Or German being a female name which means Feminine form of Charles

My Dad always used to tell me that it was the English version of the French Cherie, meaning Darling, as being as my Dad is no longer with me, I will stick to that version!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • ashtynplatt
    ashtynplatt Posts: 364
    Options
    awesome y'all! thank you! It really interests me what everyone's name means. :)
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Amber meaning and name origin

Amber \a-mber\ as a girl's name is pronounced AM-ber. Derived via Old French and Latin from Arabic "ambar". Amber is the English name for a semiprecious gem made from fossilized tree resin, and is also used to describe the gem's golden color. In Hindi, the name is derived from Sanskrit, meaning "the sky". Amber became popular in the 1960s due to the Kathleen Winsor novel and film, "Forever Amber". Model Amber Valletta.

Popularity of Amber

Amber is a very popular first name for women (#139 out of 4276) and also a very popular surname or last name for all people (#41489 out of 88799). (1990 U.S. Census)
  • shaynak1
    shaynak1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Shayna-means beautiful in Hebrew:)
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options
    This is what I found on Urban Dictionary.com LMBO :-) Cant say I dont like it.

-name usually given to someone who is beautiful inside and out. Not many people have this name therefore you're "Special". Most people think Ebony is a pretty cool name.

-Ebony is the type of person to keep for a lifetime. Someone you can depend on in any situation. They're funny, cool, and most of all sexy.

-The type of woman you want to spend the rest of your life with.....witty, goal driven, super sexy....

-A goddess
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Dusti

Meaning: Its source is Dorsteinn, an Ancient Germanic name meaning "Thor's stone."
    Narrative: This surname might have come from an Old English term for an area noted for its dustiness.

UrbanDictionary: Infamous, more famous than famous people, beautiful, intelligent, witty
    "Damn, that girl is dusti!"
    ^^ I like this one best. :))
  • ethanhennard
    Options
    Ethan

-
    Masculine and endowed with a certain magnetism, Ethan emanates an air of strength. He is courageous and assertive, although he is also quite wary. This is undoubtedly related to his shyness and emotional fragility - a real Achilles´ heel which affects his mood and level of enthusiasm. This can occasionally result in outbursts of anger if he doesn´t feel that he has been fully understood. Fiery and passionate, he conceals a sweet gentleness behind a firm, even curt and abrupt demeanour. Nevertheless, Ethan is a friendly, affectionate and likeable soul - once he has decided that he trusts somebody. An ambitious young man, he isn´t indifferent to material comfort. He is particularly efficient and capable of great diplomacy when he feels motivated, whereas in other circumstances he may prove to be lacking in tact. Ethan is confident and self-assured; his energy, celerity and his realistic and practical approach are extremely valuable assets! He remains nonetheless quite an impatient and irritable character, and could also prove to be something of an opportunist - his desire to succeed is that strong. However, at the same time he is rather proud and conceited, loathes flattery and deceit and possesses an acute sense of justice... He could sometimes feel torn between his desires and his principles. Born to be in charge, he is capable of assuming responsibility, as much in the family sphere as in his professional life. As a child, this is a little boy who is very attached to his family who he is ever eager to please and who therefore have a considerable influence on him as. Furthermore, he is a sensible and responsible child from an early age and his parents know that he can be trusted. Conscientious and quite a perfectionist, he is of an above average intelligence which means that he is apt to continue his education as long as he chooses. However, his well-being and development remain heavily dependent on a harmonious affective environment and the karmic 6 could mean that he experiences upheaval in his family environment. In this case, Ethan could react in one of two ways; either he will feel overly implicated and take care of the others, or he will flee his responsibilities completely.