Buying A Treadmill - Help please!

Options
jalara
jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
Hi everyone!

I'm in Canada and buying a treadmill. I need some help finding one that will fit both my needs and wants.

(If you are going to tell me to run outside and that I don't need one, please don't comment).

Needs/Wants:

Speed can adjust by 0.1.
Can handle a weight of 240lbs running.
Has a wide running base.
Has a long running base (hubby is 6ft4).
Has a fan.
Has speakers.
Has a tv or can tap into my wireless network and play a video of my choice.

Apparently Nordictrack has HORRID customer service so anything you can tell me would be great!

Thank yoU!

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Can't you just put it in a room with a TV instead of having one built in?
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Can't you just put it in a room with a TV instead of having one built in?

Fair question. We would prefer not to.
  • joellarsen
    joellarsen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    We have a Sole F80. Meets all your needs except for the entertainment. Our is in the family room with the flat screen and stereo system. Our main concern was it SOLID, and it is. It also folds up easily when not in use so it's less in the way. It will fit your hubby.

Good luck.
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    The website treadmilldoctor.com has reviews and information on treadmills. It is great - I used to when I bought my elliptical trainer.
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    We bought this one in April https://www.nordictrack.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_-1_10301_12401_59002_127103 and we love it. My hubby is also 6'4" and the length is great for him. A lot of the other ones we looked at he'd either about fall off the end or kick the very front. It can handle about 300 lbs I think, maybe even more. It has a wireless internet, you can use the screen to make it look like you are running through various places like Paris, etc. The fan is a little loud but works great. It's got everything you said you wanted. It is a Nordictrack though so I don't know if you'd want to go with it. We've had no problems whatsoever and I've actually heard some good things from their customer service.

The only negative is the thing is HUGE. We have it on the 2nd floor of the house and it took 4 big guys to get it up the stairs. It comes in 1 box strapped to a pallet so don't even think about trying to save the delivery cost if there is one unless you have a lot of people who can help.