To buy new shoes or not to buy new shoes...

Options
I know shoe quality is huge for running. Does it really matter so much on the treadmill?

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Depends on you really. If you are experiencing any back pain/discomfort throughout the day, or especially during the running, then yes. If you experience foot pains, yes.

Otherwise, if you feel totally comfortable with no adverse pain effects, run in thigh high black pleather stiletto boots.
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    My feet & knees take a pounding on a treadmill, they seem to hurt more so than outside. Pamper yourself just a little and get a good pair of running shoes, it is not money wasted on something frivolous
  • shoesalwaysfit
    shoesalwaysfit Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I personally think that your feet align the rest of your body - it is important to have good shoes no matter what you are doing. Who knows - you may want to take yourself outside on a nice day too.
  • davidr730
    davidr730 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I personally think that your feet align the rest of your body - it is important to have good shoes no matter what you are doing. Who knows - you may want to take yourself outside on a nice day too.
    What is this outside that you speak of? Is that the place with the big burning thing in the sky?
    lol
  • davidr730
    davidr730 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Depends on you really. If you are experiencing any back pain/discomfort throughout the day, or especially during the running, then yes. If you experience foot pains, yes.

Otherwise, if you feel totally comfortable with no adverse pain effects, run in thigh high black pleather stiletto boots.
    I would look good in thigh high black pleather stiletto boots.
  • GLJezebel
    GLJezebel Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I totally thought this would be a thread about girls discussing shoes.....dang
  • paint_it_black
    paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    *sweeping generalisation alert* since they are just so trendy right now :huh:

As a female i say the answer to that question is ALWAYS, buy new shoes.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,071 Member
    Options
    I'm with clarasu. If the question is to buy or not to buy shoes, the answer is always, "Buy."
  • dlrcpa
    dlrcpa Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I think you would be doing yourself a favor by buying a good quality pair and use them for comparison w/ the shoes you're using now. Use old shoes for week 1, new shoes for week 2. Decide if week 2 was better than week 1 (more comfortable, less recovery time, whatever.) I walk the dog A LOT. I always keep a new/backup pair of my favorite shoes on the ready. Nothing worse than a week or more of foot and calf pain and tired feet and legs while waiting for new shoes to arrive.
  • MorbidNTT
    MorbidNTT Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Buy some good quality running shoes. I bought a $130 pair of Asics, a few years ago, and am very happy with them. I'm not saying go with Asics, but don't go buy some cheap $20 shoes at Walmart.
  • LunaMischief
    LunaMischief Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Buy some good quality running shoes. I bought a $130 pair of Asics, a few years ago, and am very happy with them. I'm not saying go with Asics, but don't go buy some cheap $20 shoes at Walmart.

OMG, I second the "don't buy shoes at Walmart". I used to work at Walmart in shoe dept. They're cheap, terribly built, and are usually returned very quickly due to being crap.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    And as someone who used to work at Payless, don't buy them there either!!

I got fitted for mine, greatest decision ever!
    I no longer felt pain on the treadmill when running!
    They started wearing out and hurting when I ran outside, I got fitted for a second pair, they are a dream!
    Granted the pair I originally started running in was a pair of like 7 year old Asics.
    I now love my Nike Pegasus <3