Looking for buddies!

Options
I'm 43 years old and hoping to lose weight for the last time in my life. Aren't we all? About 8 years ago, I had joined LA Weight Loss and it worked great. I was single and totally able to control my diet and exercise. I was dedicated beyond belief and managed to lose 80 pounds.

Then, I met my husband. Within 6 months, I was pregnant, gaining weight as a pregnant woman should. I never lost the weight I put on with the baby, and then with added stresses of life, I managed to put on even more. After being put on a medication for the past year and half that made me gain even more weight, I'm at the highest I have ever been in my life. And that makes me plain sick!

So I went to the doctor and said, give me something else and she did. And for the first time "dieting' in 2 years, I've managed to actually lose a couple of pounds. But I need to lose a hell of a lot more!!!

I'm looking for buddies to offer support and make me accountable. If you feel like we have anything in common, or don't, and want to be buddies so we can keep each other focused, please friend me! I plan on being here for a VERY Long time.

Replies

• JilianneNicole
    JilianneNicole Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    We are both mom so we have that in common! I am always on and am as encouraging and motivating as possible! Feel free to add me or anyone else that comes along feel free as well :)
  • labranham
    labranham Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! I just joined today too. I am a mother of two and also need to lose weight! I lost the first baby weight after 12 years, then got pregnant again. I'm ready to get healthy and STAY healthy :) Feel free to add me as well.
  • tmbowen12
    tmbowen12 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm a mom too so feel free to add me :o) I am not always on the message boards but I do check in all the time on my news feed.
  • nmleisa
    nmleisa Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me too! I uploaded the app last year and there it sat...until yesterday! :) I'm a mom of 2 and had lost 70 lbs a few years ago...but then gained it back. :( I really would love to have some friends on here to help keep me accountable...and just to have other "adults" to talk to! LOL. I have a 6-year-old and a 15-month-old and am tired of always talking about kid stuff :) I really want to lose weight to be a good example for them...and to keep up with them too!!
  • karencogs
    karencogs Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Looking for a Buddy to workout with at Planet Fitness..in Broomall, Pa..Please message me if you are interested..Thanks Karen
  • HulkDiesel77
    HulkDiesel77 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...........I just might have some good ideas :))
  • christyhjohnson
    christyhjohnson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I would love to find some buddies to hold me accountable for the way I eat. I am 42 and am happily married 16 years with 2 girls (10 and 8). I have been working on losing the baby weight for about 2 years now and am closer to my goal. I am just now working on eating more clean and healthy. I started with the couch to 5K program and lost about 15 - 20 lbs and then I hit a plateau and felt my knees were getting worse. I decided to try Beachbody and Shakeology and loved it so now I have about 10 more lbs. to my first goal weight. However my eating has to change which is why I am using this app. I would love some buddies to help me stay accountable to what goes in my mouth. I have a bad habit of eating out and love chocolate and sweets.:smile: