30 DAY SHRED

Options
okay so, i've finally gone and bought it form amazon, it arrived this morning! i'd like to hear some feedback from people who have made progress with it or even finished a whole 30 days. thank you guys! i plan to start tomorrow so in need of a little motivation-boost.

Replies

• Tanisha1014
    Options
    well some motivation from me would be, obviously, skim through it first, I just started yesterday, I completed a few exercises today that I couldn't complete yesterday, it definitely is about building your own endurance. and today for me, I think about my goal rather than how much it hurts, every second of pain/ pushing through is a step closer to your goal.
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!! You need more of a warm-up and cool down. Just do what you can do and you'll get better, no worries. It will really get you in shape and you'll lose inches and look better. Take at least 1 day a week off. If you can do all three levels in one month, fabulous. If not, stick with level 1 as long as you need to. ENJOY!!!! This is a great starting place. Oh, and take before and after pics!!! You'll be amazed!
  • emg9
    emg9 Posts: 112
    Options
    YAY!!!! You need more of a warm-up and cool down. Just do what you can do and you'll get better, no worries. It will really get you in shape and you'll lose inches and look better. Take at least 1 day a week off. If you can do all three levels in one month, fabulous. If not, stick with level 1 as long as you need to. ENJOY!!!! This is a great starting place. Oh, and take before and after pics!!! You'll be amazed!

ahh thanks!! haha thanks for the advice. i cant wait :D
  • xxalmostgoldenxx
    Options
    It's amazing, but so hard haha! I've not been doing it very long, but you definitely get a sense of achievement afterwards, and I really like Jillian, she's a lot less annoying than most of the other DVD instructor people I've tried in the past. Good luck, I hope you enjoy it :)
  • amorash83
    amorash83 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've heard lots about this and am thinking about doing it. Do you need any equipment to start?
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I just started day 1 of level 2 today. Level one killed me the first couple days, I did every excersise as best I could, and it was difficult by the third day I was super sore, but still very motivated. By day 10 it felt like nothing, I have lost no weight so far, but already I am 1 dress size down simply from following through with it, and keeping my food and other activity rather normal. Level two is definitely harder if you're like me and have feeble arms, but is motivating to know that it'll get them into shape. Like mentioned previously it would be good to add an extra 5 min of warm up and cool down to it, JM doesn't stretch nearly as much as most would recommend.

Edit: Equipment would be a yoga mat if you're working out on a hard surface and hand weights, recommended 3-5 lbs (I had to start with 1 1/2 lbs on some lol)
  • RedVelvetCurls
    RedVelvetCurls Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 3, and this is my second time doing the shred. First time I did it I dropped 2 dress sizes. Equipment you'll need only includes handweights and an exercise mat!
  • Junee37
    Junee37 Posts: 60
    Options
    I started yesterday and today my calves are sore, but I will give it and honest effort for the 30 days...good luck!!!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I did it 30 days straight (to get into a habit of actually working out) with limited difficulty (and it was first work out routine I've actually done -- though I have a pretty physical job). I lost 2 pounds and 19.25 total inches. I've moved on to Ripped in 30 (doing it 5 days a week -- I find it more challenging).
  • emg9
    Options
    thanks you all for your comments - much appreciated. i can't wait to start :) wish i'd have done this earlier now!
  • emg9
    Options
    I just started day 1 of level 2 today. Level one killed me the first couple days, I did every excersise as best I could, and it was difficult by the third day I was super sore, but still very motivated. By day 10 it felt like nothing, I have lost no weight so far, but already I am 1 dress size down simply from following through with it, and keeping my food and other activity rather normal. Level two is definitely harder if you're like me and have feeble arms, but is motivating to know that it'll get them into shape. Like mentioned previously it would be good to add an extra 5 min of warm up and cool down to it, JM doesn't stretch nearly as much as most would recommend.

Edit: Equipment would be a yoga mat if you're working out on a hard surface and hand weights, recommended 3-5 lbs (I had to start with 1 1/2 lbs on some lol)

that sounds excellent :) does it tone you up as well as burn fat?
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, weight may not have been lost but already I can tell a difference in my 'mommy pooch' and especially in my legs. I've googled some before and after pictures and some are simply amazing.
  • GenieBB
    GenieBB Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am on day 17, its pretty intense and level two you maybe need to have a 3 lb and 5 lb weight. Because theres a few that a 5lb is pure torture, I know this sounds lame but when you get there, you will know!
    But short and sweet, IT WORKS! I have lost 5 lbs so far and a dress size and it gives me more core strength for stamina when running in the evenings. You really get a solid workout from what would normally be an hours worth of "phoning it in at the gym"
    Good luck!!
  • KNPCH
    KNPCH Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for a week now..the right way. The first time I tried it I did level 1 for 2 days, level 2 a few times and level 3 twice, before I figured out I was supposed to do 10 days of each! I guess I was ready for a challenge. Now that I'm following the plan, I definitely see an improvement in my endurance and energy! I like that for 30 mins I feel like I'm really pushing myself...but then it's only 30 mins. In my head even when I feel like i'm too tired to work out, I think "it's only 30 mins, I can do anything for 30 mins!"

Good luck! I think it's a really good DVD.
  • Cheesburgerlover
    Cheesburgerlover Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just started too yesterday and My muscles are sore today. Does anyone have any idea or know how many calories you burn when you do Jillian Micheals DVD "No more Trouble zones" from her 30 day shred program? The session is 40 minutes long but I have no idea how many calories Ive burned each day or how to track it here on the exersize tracker.
  • Junee37
    Junee37 Posts: 60
    Options
    I thought it was 20 minutes long? I would like to know the calorie burn amount too.
  • emg9
    Options
    so i've just done level 1, haha it was definitely tough. are we supposed to do all levels EACH day?!
  • lewis350
    lewis350 Posts: 53
    Options
    I am currenty on L2D1 and I weigh approx 150lbs, 5 foot 8 inches tall. My HRM tells me I burn between 160-190 calories for the 30DS
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Ot all depends on how much effort you are putting in but I plug it in as circuit training and I also do 5-15 minutes extra from 6 week 6 pack. I'd say 30DS burns about 200cals if done correctly at a moderate-high effort level.

I am doing day 5 today. day 3 my legs were so damn sore I wanted to cry. but push through and you'll do great.
  • TheLittleKittie
    Options
    Love it!! Today is day 4, and whilst the first couple of days were tough going, I can honestly say I'm looking FORWARD to going home tonight and ripping it up with Jillian.

And I'm not an exercise junkie, I am finding progress in terms of ability is quick with this programme, and so I'm encouraged, as after ability - must surely come the body results.

Good luck. Oh, and just no matter how much you don't want to - get started, the programme is over so quick, once you start out - it's nearly the end :)