FRUSTRATED

Options
Ok so Im very frustrated. I havent seen much of a change in my weight nor inches. I have been going to the gym 4 to 5 days every week for the last 7 weeks. I have been doing cardio and a bit of strength training for 45 minutes each time but since last week 60 minutes on just cardio. I use the arc trainer most of the time but have also used the tredmill, elliptical and bike. I have been cutting down on my calories. I went from eating about 1600 to between 1200 and 1350. I have cut of alot of fast food, fried food and sweets but still have a bit here and there I just eat smaller portions. Im 4'11 and weigh 132lbs. In the last 7 weeks I have only lost 4lbs and 1 1/2 inches in my waist. I am trying to lose baby weight that I have gained while pg w/ my 2nd child. He is now one and I have lost 30lbs since I had him but I wanna get down to 115lbs or at least a size 6 (right now im size 10). I dont know what Im doing wrong. Has anyone experienced the same thing?? Need help. I feel like Im working out hard and not getting anywhere.... Any suggestions????

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I know it's frustrating but one pound a week is four pounds a month. You're losing slowly but steadily - and may have added some muscle (and have monthly water weight gain). It just takes time.

Hang in there!
  • dub73
    dub73 Posts: 70
    Options
    You may want to seek medical advice from a doctor. Don't give up!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Go back to your original calories, cut down on cardio and increase heavy weight training. Also, since you are close to a normal weight, it's going to take a lot of time. Not something that will happen over night. Also, decreasing calories actually make it harder to lose weight as your body releases cortisol as your body is under stress.