Natural Diuretics

Options
Can any one help. That time of month Plus have been on a liquid diet after mouth surgery. Just slowly adding in more solids. I am super bloated. Since Friday the scale has gone up 8 pounds, yes I know it is water, but I feel terrible. Any suggestions what will help. I am drinking more water and that isn't helping.

Replies

• kajpen
    kajpen Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Best natural diuretic I have found is Asparagus. If I eat it, I will get rid of excess water weight.

Dandelion is another natural diuretic (can get it in tea or supplements).
  • Lubu781
    Lubu781 Posts: 3
    Options
    Dandelion root, caffeine, and B vitamins help flush water out of your system.
  • vintagesquirrel
    Options
    Caffeine is a natural diuretic... I'd recommended tea, so as not to sabotage weight loss with sodas etc..

Also, something that works really well for general detox and diuretic is heating up a mugful of water and adding a couple of tablespoons of lemon juice to it. 100% lemon juice is the best. It tastes gross (I think), but I also sweeten mine up using a spoonful of truvia (made from the stevia plant) or a dollop of honey.

You can also get your doc to write a script for furosemide because 8lbs of water is pretty significant, and not all that uncommon when recovering from surgery.