"You could do better."

Options
I was at a party this weekend and a girl said to my fiance right in front of my face "you could do better.... oh wow, did I just say that?". My fiance told her that she crossed a line and he was pretty mad. She was drunk and stupid, but it still stung a lot since I have insecurities about my weight and I'm often concerned if it has gotten to the point where he might not find me so attractive anymore.

Replies

• MMMendoza007
    MMMendoza007 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    First, FTB!

Second, being on this site, working on you, is the best way to feel better about yourself and more confident. You just keep doing what you're doing and don't let some drunk, low class skank even be a blip on your radar.

Chin up!
  • questiontheanswers
    questiontheanswers Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    First, FTB!

Second, being on this site, working on you, is the best way to feel better about yourself and more confident. You just keep doing what you're doing and don't let some drunk, low class skank even be a blip on your radar.

Chin up!

This! That girl is a total b*tch and is not worth worrying over for one second. I know it stings, particularly when she hit on something you already feel self-conscious about, but *kitten* her. There is something truly wrong with someone who would behave that way in that situation. Forget that b*tch and focus on you.
  • Woodmangler
    Woodmangler Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    If I was the guy... I would have said "My dog could do better than you"

Bazinga!
  • carmie12345
    Options
    LOL, thanks WoodMangler. And thanks to everyone else!
  • JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    What is wrong with people? Even when they are drunk, truth comes out. I hope that isn't someone you are around normally. Some people are just bitter and jealous of what others have. She is probably jealous you have him and she does not. Dont listen to a damn word she says. I get so frustrated when people get like that. Your fiancee is with you because he loves you and for reasons that are between you and him. Just forget that girl and think how wonderful it is that you have your fiancee and a wonderful life. :)
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    It's possible she likes your fiance and wants him. It backfired. He came to your defense and he loves you.
  • Irish_eyes75
    Irish_eyes75 Posts: 475
    Options
    Wow that's horrible. If you let her inside your head, she wins. We don't want her to win!!
    Also, where is she?? I'll so kick her butt for ya ;)
  • sphinctress
    sphinctress Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're a good girl that has a good guy!
    : )
  • WandRsmom
    WandRsmom Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    You should have slapped her. Just yelled mosquito afterwards ;). If the party was outside that is ;)... or actually, even if it wasn't.
  • QueenGorgo
    QueenGorgo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    As a confirmed awesome Wingman this is a perfect example of why you never roam alone in social situations..always bring another female with you..I mean men are great and all but in a situation with a female that has "gone rogue" (i.e. lost her damn mind) I present to you now how the situation WOULD have gone down had I been there and able to pry myself away from that amazing chocolate fountain in the corner

scene- awesome party

You: That girl over there in the ill-fitting capri pants said my fiance could do better
    Me: (Walking over to the offensive heffer in question, and in an inappopriately loud voice) THIS one?!?
    You: (Just as loudly) Yes that one!!
    Me: (Shocked and amazed) No seriously...this girl?!?!
    You: Yep, that's her...
    Me: (increasing shock and amazement) But wait wait wait..this girl..in the ill-fitting capri pants told you...my hot friend who had her pick of hot men and picked the hottest one of the bunch said he..HE could do better?!? Where's her man at??
    You: Umm...I don't think she has one..
    Me: Well she simply MUST have a man if she's gonna stand here in that outfit (I mean really honey just cause they come in your size doesn't mean you need to squeeze yourself into them..cankles are nobodies friend) Lemme ask her

Me to stunned, heffer in question : Umm....(clearing throat) Moo? Moo mooo mooo? I'm sorry but my heffers a little rusty...
    You: What'd she say?!?!
    Me: Girl she ain't got no man!! She's here with her "Life after Divorce" group- huh....guess HER man figured he could do better...

aaaaannddd scene

Of course I offer my Wingman services to men as well s women, I block crazy chicks, guys who just don't get the hint and I shoot down any lame pickup line..plus I'm kind of cute so it's a fun time for all :tongue:
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    As a confirmed awesome Wingman this is a perfect example of why you never roam alone in social situations..always bring another female with you..I mean men are great and all but in a situation with a female that has "gone rogue" (i.e. lost her damn mind) I present to you now how the situation WOULD have gone down had I been there and able to pry myself away from that amazing chocolate fountain in the corner

scene- awesome party

You: That girl over there in the ill-fitting capri pants said my fiance could do better
    Me: (Walking over to the offensive heffer in question, and in an inappopriately loud voice) THIS one?!?
    Me: (increasing shock and amazement) But wait wait wait..this girl..in the ill-fitting capri pants told you...my hot friend who had her pick of hot men and picked the hottest one of the bunch said he..HE could do better?!? Where's her man at??
    Me: Well she simply MUST have a man if she's gonna stand here in that outfit (I mean really honey just cause they come in your size doesn't mean you need to squeeze yourself into them..cankles are nobodies friend) Lemme ask her

Me to stunned, heffer in question : Umm....(clearing throat) Moo? Moo mooo mooo? I'm sorry but my heffers a little rusty...
    Me: Girl she ain't got no man!! She's here with her "Life after Divorce" group- huh....guess HER man figured he could do better...

aaaaannddd scene

Of course I offer my Wingman services to men as well s women, I block crazy chicks, guys who just don't get the hint and I shoot down any lame pickup line..plus I'm kind of cute so it's a fun time for all :tongue:

You are my new woman crush. **POST EDITED**
    Seriously, that's awesome.

****STAFF NOTE: Post has been edited due to violations of guideline #17****
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options

scene- awesome party

aaaaannddd scene

YOU ARE AWESOME
  • MMMendoza007
    Options
    You should have slapped her. Just yelled mosquito afterwards ;). If the party was outside that is ;)... or actually, even if it wasn't.

Bahahahahahaha!
  • MMMendoza007
    Options
    TaterTotinTx....PRICELESS! *applause*
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    When I first started dating Mr. PurpleGoBoom, there was this little trouble maker trying to steal him by stalking the two of us.

Well, every year we attend Dragon Con in Atlanta, Ga. The first year we went together, we were sharing a hotel room with our super awesome friend, A.

Rather drunk, the three of us were heading back up to our room for some much needed sleep when we look down the hall, and who should we see but troublemaker (henceforth refered to as psycho hosebeast) in a huge crowd, apparently a room party. A, who knew our situation and didn't like psycho anyway, decided she wanted some trouble.

The short of it, she went up to psycho hosebeast. Psycho put her arm around A and told her she loved her. A put her arm around her in return, smiled, and in a loving tone, said "I love you too.....

...but I like PurpleGoBoom better."

Never heard from Psycho Hosebeast again, except through another mutual friend, R. Apparently she got pregnant by her FIANCE shortly after (yeah, she was trying to steal my boyfriend while engaged to another man) but got dumped in the middle of her pregnancy, and ended up having a handicapped kid because she didn't stop drinking or doing other stupid **** while preggers.

Can't say I feel sorry for her, though. I have deep sympathy for the kid....in addition to having physical and mental handicaps, his mother is completely batsh*t.
  • QueenGorgo
    QueenGorgo Posts: 75 Member
    Options

scene- awesome party

aaaaannddd scene

You are my new woman crush.

Seriously, that's awesome.

DId my stretching..little bit of Tae Bo.. drank my gatorade..
  • EellaK
    EellaK Posts: 16 Member
    Options

This is perhaps the funniest thing I've ever heard!
  • Reneefit135
    Reneefit135 Posts: 170
    Options
    Thats horrible. People hate themselves these days. Thats why they say such horrible things. A truly confident and happy person would not even think such a thing. Ridiculous. I understand the sting though when you already feel insecure its the last thing you need to hear. My husband is GORGEOUS and i get attitude from females all the time wondering why he picked me. But guess what, he did and we are so happy 10 years and counting :) so don't worry he chose you for more reasons that what you look like. Enjoy and don't let silliness discourage you. Just remind yourself where its coming from...her insecurity and jealousy.
  • carmie12345
    Options
    Hahaha, you are a great bunch of people!! Thanks everyone.
  • ricky_j_b
    ricky_j_b Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    take the negative,turn it into a positive and you win!!! Use it as a positive and move forward!!