Goats cheese!

Options
So I bought some goats cheese because I love it but I don't know what to do with it! Any suggestions would be welcome! Thanks.

Replies

• marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Goat cheese is just as good as Goat milk........and in my opinion it's just plain disgusting!

That being said, as far as I know you use it the same way you would any other cheese.

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/586512
  • MENichols5
    MENichols5 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    put on a salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing...maybe some chicken, pine nuts, and craisins? mmm!
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Make a pizza with a tortilla and use goat cheese instead of mozzarella. Yum!
  • zgochenour
    zgochenour Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    It's great on salad. Or on a burger with granny smith apples and bacon.
  • mrsRhughes
    mrsRhughes Posts: 122
    Options
    LOVE, love, love goat cheese. I crumble it and put it on top of salad (my favorite is a cranberry cinnamon... la bonne vie I think is the brand). I also make a fabulous dinner, almost like a bruschetta:

thin slices of fresh french bread, grilled and rubbed with garlic. Spread the goat cheese on top (for this I use a garlic/herb or tomato basil goat cheese!). Top with diced tomatoes and a "smashed" chickpea mix - I smash the chickpeas with extra virgin olive oil, and salt and pepper. It is soo good!

You could also throw it on top of eggs in the morning ... spread on toast ... I am obsessed with it! lol
  • buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    roast mini eggplants. Mix some basil in the goat cheese, stuff min eggplants with goat cheese top with roasted pinenuts drizzle with a combination of balsamic vinegar and honey == delicious!
    It's also good on rye crackers! Yum!
  • buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Options

That burger idea sounds delicious! Gotta try that!
  • mstclair03
    mstclair03 Posts: 151
    Options
    Goodness, what NOT to do with goat cheese?! It's delicious! I made a personal pizza (thin whole wheat crust) with goat cheese, shrimp, and pesto sauce. SO delicious.
  • jroja021
    jroja021 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My recipe has been a favorite at bbqs.. I take a green bell pepper and fill it with mozzerella goat cheese and a little bit of shredded parmesan and put it on the grill at low heat. It should work in the oven too and they are to die for!
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options

I am so going to have to try this!
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    put on a salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing...maybe some chicken, pine nuts, and craisins? mmm!

Amen to that!

I had this fantastic salad at a local restaurant out here...it was mixed salad greens, roasted beets, sunflower seeds, cucumbers and goat cheese with this delicious balsamic. Fantastic! Goat cheese is so smooth and tangy. Delish!
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    -I spread it on toast and top with a fried egg for a delicious open faced breakfast sandwich
    -crumbled on a baby spinach salad with dried cranberries and pecans and sweet vinaigrette
    -on toast with fig preserves
  • rachael52
    rachael52 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Anything! It doesn't melt as well as cow's cheese, but that's OK. It's great in omelets, salads, all the pita or eggplant pizzas people mentioned, or on a tortilla, a wholewheat wrap with lots of veggies, etc.

Rachael
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    What kind of goats cheese? Is it dry like feta or soft like mozzarella?
  • MaybeAMonkey
    MaybeAMonkey Posts: 247
    Options
    I love goats cheese! My favorite way to eat it is smeared on little crostini toasts and drizzled with lavender honey on top. So delicious! I also love it in salads, in sandwiches, or on pizzas. Basically any way you normally eat cheese it works if you get the complementary flavors right.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    My go to salad is spinach, strawberries, walnuts or pecans and host cheese topped with a balsamic vingarette.

I recently found a recipe for a nut butter dressing in a Clean Eating magazine that suggested you serve it on greens with goat geese and kumquats. Awesome! Dressing was 3 TBSP of water, 1 TBSP each of almond butter, olive oil, apple cidar vinegar. 1 tsp of honey.

I also i use it on or in turkey burgers. Or on a sandwich with basil pesto and tomatoes. You can also add chicken.

I love goat cheese.
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm

In the mornings I make a goat cheese omelet. I usually use 1 whole egg and an egg white

It is delicious in salads with fruit like pears.

Soooo yummy n home made pizza

Its such a delicious cheese
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    This morning (and almost every morning), I have a goat cheese and mushroom omlet.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options

This, but warm the chicken and the goat cheese will melt a bit onto your letuce, sometimes I dont even use dressing, because the slightly melted goat cheese is so good!
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm

In the mornings I make a goat cheese omelet. I usually use 1 whole egg and an egg white

It is delicious in salads with fruit like pears.

Soooo yummy n home made pizza

Its such a delicious cheese

Pears and walnuts in the salad yummy!