Eating more to lose...finally working

Options
I'll try to make this short. I lost my first 100 pounds in 9 months and then things really slowed down. I lost my first 111 pounds by my one year anniversary on MFP and the last 2 pounds have taken nearly 8 months. I tried everything. So, I gradually upped my calories and I promised myself to not flip out when the scale popped up. I knew it wasn't fat, it was water gain. So I kept pushing forward with eating more to fuel my body and to fuel the hard workouts I do. I'm eating around 2,000 a day now and after a month of this the scale has dropped the extra "water" I gained and now it's going downward. The good thing is it's doing it with eating more. This is good news for anyone wondering if it works and great news for those trying to lose the last stubborn 10 pounds like I am.

Replies

• slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Great to hear!
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Great to hear!

Thanks. It was very hard for me, especially with the scale going up. I had to trust it to work and now time to reap the rewards.
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I was just getting ready to cut my calories back down again since nothing seems to be working for me! Plateaus SUCK! This is good to hear though. I may have to rethink cutting now.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Yes it work especially for those last few pounds. Keep at it you are doing great
  • keeponkickin
    Options
    I was just getting ready to cut my calories back down again since nothing seems to be working for me! Plateaus SUCK! This is good to hear though. I may have to rethink cutting now.

I've been stuck on a plateau for 7 1/2 months. Tried it all and nothing works until I started eating more. I workout a lot and needed to fuel my body. Cutting more calories will only slow things down more. I eat more than my BMR and just under TDEE.
  • Happyshe
    Happyshe Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great story and discovery... And congrats! :)
    Thanks for sharing... What is TDEE please?
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options

I've been stuck on a plateau for 7 1/2 months. Tried it all and nothing works until I started eating more. I workout a lot and needed to fuel my body. Cutting more calories will only slow things down more. I eat more than my BMR and just under TDEE.

What's your workout routine when you eat 2000 calories?
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    This is so great to hear!! Congrats!!
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    That's great!!!
  • Warren_Carrol
    Warren_Carrol Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    lol. I just made the change after not losing much for a few weeks......turned up the calories and started eating 6 times a day...my body loved it and my weight started dropping days after.
    it's so counter intuitive, but it feels great to be eating decent sized meals again. Actually felt guilty for the first few days.
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That is a really good thing to hear.
  • daniela_dimech
    Options
    Going On Vacation - Follow Me On My Journey

Ok so i am going on vacation this Saturday to Malta :)

so you all are going to follow me on my journey of staying healthy :) and fit

My goal is actually to tone up and lose 3 pounds while im on this vacation so keep following me !!!!!!!!!!

LET THE ADVENTURES BEGIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://healthy--happiness.tumblr.com/
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    So you're eating 2000 calories, but what are you netting? How many calories are you burning with exercise?
  • keeponkickin
    Options
    So you're eating 2000 calories, but what are you netting? How many calories are you burning with exercise?

I wear an HRM when I exercise. My TDEE is around 2300 a day, my BMR is around 1550. I'm over BMR and under TDEE so I'm going to lose. When I was eating at my BMR and working out like I do I wasn't doing myself a favor. 2,000 for me might not be right for you. Typically I workout 5 days a week for 1 hour each session. I burn between anywhere from 350 to 500.
  • keeponkickin
    Options

What's your workout routine when you eat 2000 calories?

I lift heavy to failure 3 days a week and I do cardio 5 days a week. Cardio in the form of running, step aerobics, cross ramp, biking, elliptical.
  • mibrewer413
    Options
    That's awesome and that's exactly what I do, eat over my BMR but under TDEE and it's working!!
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    interesting, bump
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options

I wear an HRM when I exercise. My TDEE is around 2300 a day, my BMR is around 1550. I'm over BMR and under TDEE so I'm going to lose. When I was eating at my BMR and working out like I do I wasn't doing myself a favor. 2,000 for me might not be right for you. Typically I workout 5 days a week for 1 hour each session. I burn between anywhere from 350 to 500.

Ok that's about what I burn (closer to 350). I haven't worked up to my BMR yet (1930), but my TDEE is only 2300 not including exercise.