Questions about 5 week prediction.

Options
Is the projected 5 weeks weight loss from that day, or from when you started?

Replies

• toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    from that day!
  • masked_habit
    Options
    I doubt it's correct though because mine keeps saying that I'll be down to 113-115 in 5 weeks almost every time that would mean losing about 25 lbs in that time
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    It's from that day. Don't count on that to be true. Your calories and exercise will not be the same every day, and even if it were the same, your hormones, water retention, insert anything here, would affect your weight loss. It's fun to look at, but if you count on it, I'm afraid you'd become discouraged. :)
  • DavidCHobby
    Options
    I know it probably won't be accurate for all of the reasons listed above. But to whoever included it in the programming code: Bravo.

It's a simple little thing that gives you instant projected long term feedback for one day's good effort. And that's all you need each day: one day's good effort. Genius.
  • jcolon74
    jcolon74 Posts: 7
    Options
    It's a rough estimate

From what I understand, the calories you need to maintain your current weight is your current weight x 10 in calories.

For me.... 230 lbs x 10 = 2300 calories will maintain my current weight.

1 lbs is 3500 calories

To lose 1 lbs a week I need to cut back 3500 calories or 500 calories a day

2300-500 = 1800 calories

Dropping below 1200 calories will usually send your body into a conservation mode which will make losing weight harder

Excersize can be subtracted from your caloric intake, so in theory I could keep eating 2300 calories a day and burn 500 calories a day in the gym and lose 1 lbs a week.

Diet and excersize are the most effective in losing the weight.