Hello From WA.

Options
Hi, my name is Ashley. I am trying this calorie counter on my IPhone and thought I would give this online support thing a shot. No one around me cares about their food intake so it's hard for me. I have to watch it now since i've been a salesman i've gained 15lbs go to the gym 4 to 6 times per week and keep gaining so the only thing left is to really watch my wieght. So I hope with some help on here and tips maybe it'll keep me more motived to stay on track. If anyone needs support I am a tough love kinda person.

Replies

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley,

We are from the same town ( I looked up your profile:smile: ). Amazingly, you are the second local resident to post this week as a new member.:noway: This is really the place to be! I don't use the Iphone App, but after being on here, via the web, since April, it has been I life changing experience. I now weigh what I did 20 years ago. :drinker: I have a ways to go yet, but with MFP, I feel like it is possible.

Good luck!! I used to do outside sales, and I know it can be very challenging to eat right when you are out and about all day. With a little planning and a portable cooler for your car or desk, you can plan your food for the day and take it with you.

You described circumstances that indicate you are "going it alone" in your quest to be healthier. You will find a whole community of people here willing to answer questions and offer encouragement and support.:flowerforyou:

Barb
  • daniellemdillon
    Options
    I just started using the app on iphone too! I live in Tacoma! It will help I am down almost 45 lbs now! keep constant track, drinks and everything!
  • hjmygatt
    Options
    Great! More Washingtonians! I am up in Bremerton, and loving myfitnesspal.com! I have lost nearly 45 pounds by tracking my food here and working out 4-5 days a week. Good luck!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Welcome, Ashley,
    You don't have to be alone when you're part of MFP. You'll find friends here who will cheer and mourn with you and encourage and support you and give you great ideas about how to eat healthy no matter what your life circumstances are. Like Barb said, with planning and a cooler you have healthy food on your job no matter how challenging.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Take it one day at a time
    Take baby steps
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    drink a lot of water :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • inkprincess
    Options
    Welcome! I'm from Gig Harbor WA! :) Good luck!
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Spokane, WA checking in! ;) this site is great!