I've lost a box of kitty litter!

Options
My husband just hauled an enormous, industrial-sized box of kitty litter from Costco into the house, called me over, and asked me to try and carry the box up the stairs. I could barely hang on to it, let alone carry it up the stairs easily! He said, "Look at the label. It's a 50 lb box. THAT'S what you were carrying around with you EVERY SINGLE DAY, just a few months ago. BE PROUD of your progress!"

It was actually stunning to have it pointed out in such an obvious and measurable way. Sometimes I tend to minimize my success, because I know it's only a drop in the bucket compared with how much I still have to lose... but no more! Whenever I get discouraged or frustrated I will remind myself of that horribly heavy 50 lb box, be PROUD of my success, and keep pressing on in the right direction!

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I have heard this story a few times, and I love it everytime! :smile: You have GREAT support, and you should be proud of all you've lost! Congrats :flowerforyou:
  • Circa1964
    Circa1964 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Most Awesome! Puts it into perspective.
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    That was so sweet of your hubby to encourage you. Congrats on the loss.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    LOL I was kind of just thinking about that, but with cat food! I just bought a 10 lb bag of kitten food and I was like wow.. that's only 10 lbs, and I have about 70+ more to go, crazy to think about.
  • sukiheart
    sukiheart Posts: 8
    Options
    That is totally awesome!
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    What an awesome feeling!!!!
  • Laurie061273
    Options
    What a fabulous husband you have!!!

Keep up the great work!
  • 20stac10
    20stac10 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Way to put it into perspective!! That is fantastic, congratulations on your massive loss! It's great that you have such a motivating support system too : )
  • alphabetsalad
    alphabetsalad Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!