New here and would love some support!

Options
Hi, my name is Stefny Gray and I am a 21 year old newlywed. I have had self esteem issues my entire life even before I was overweight. I was always extremely small as a child having been blessed with a high metabolic rate. When I was 14 I broke my ankle and have had several surgeries since then. I starting gaining weight in that way where you kind of right it off at first because it "creeps" on you, but after gaining 80 pounds in 3 years I started to wonder if I could even go back to being fit. In the three years since then I have lost 25 of the pounds I had put on, but I have been stuck on this weight for 3 years! Enough is enough and I am tired of looking and feeling like this. Please send any encouragement you can so I can make this Journey with friends. :)

Replies

• 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I am new here, too and I just started getting back into shape after a couple of yers of being a couch potato.

Congratulations for your wedding!
    Sending some positive vibes towards you and a friend request :)
  • Ninnylicious
    Ninnylicious Posts: 513
    Options
    Hey..

Congrats on the wedding :-) exciting
    Im Nina im 21 and currently training to regain my fitness after motocross injury..
    Send me a friend request if ya like.. Id like tp help you get motivated and make a friend :-)
  • Stefxtastic
    Stefxtastic Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Will do, and thank you both! :)
  • ohnuts14
    ohnuts14 Posts: 197
    Options
    Hey, joining MFP is definitely a great step in the right direction. You WILL lose the weight, don't even think otherwise. :) I'd love to be friends, adding you now!
  • mizkitty22
    mizkitty22 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Well I'd love to support you! Plus you're the closest person to my age I've seen on here lol :)
  • ceecee7636
    ceecee7636 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey

I'm new here too as of today in fact and really want to keep motivated and shift this weight once and for all. I've got a goal of 40 pounds by December 12th. I know this is a big task, but I have a reason for the time limit. I will need all the help and encouragement I can get so any and all will be welcome and of course totally reciprocated :)

Good luck everyone
  • Stefxtastic
    Options
    You can do it!
  • LydsVille77
    LydsVille77 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Youre headed in the right direction :) Support here is awesome. Congrats on the wedding! Feel free to add me, im 27. Fairly new to MFP but have been tracking food for a while. Check out the pics in my profile if youd like you can see the progress... this really works!
  • Stefxtastic
    Options
    I feel different this time. I feel like I KNOW it will work!
  • H3xDcml
    H3xDcml Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here too, just joined today. I've heard awesome things about MFP. Congrats on the wedding! Feel free to add me, I'd be happy to help with support and encouragement :)
  • Fillysmom
    Fillysmom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yay! Newly weds!! I am also recently married, and we just welcomed our darling daughter into the world 3 weeks ago. I love the support that seems so abundant on this site. I am sending positive vibes your way and a friend request as well! We can do it, all of us!
    Kyla
  • lvandy81
    lvandy81 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi :) I'm new here too! I download the app last month and am just now doing it!! I'm trying to lose baby weight from twins, and get my body in the best shape it has been yet! But it will take LOTS of work... haha!!
  • feellikerain
    feellikerain Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Well you've come to the right place! Be firm in your decision and don't lose sight of your goal. Slow and steady, the weight will be gone before you know it!!

Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • nicpap617
    nicpap617 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm pretty new to this as well and have been on for about 2 weeks and unfortunately, no results yet :cry: Feel free to add me as we could all use some support and motivation from each other! :tongue:
  • michellelinn95
    Options
    I just downloaded this at on my iPod yesturday and haven't even uploaded a pic yet, but am already pretty happy with it. I managed to have a pretty great day using it. I used to way 175lbs. and got it down to 145lbs. but still want to shed those extra pounds. I think this is goin gto work out great. Add me as a friend so we can support eachother :)
  • KimL122
    KimL122 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Welcome...I've found this site to be really good. You can add me as a friend if you want.
  • Stefxtastic
    Options
    Been here less than a month and I already found a great support system in myfitnesspal! So glad I made this decision!!
  • jpc106
    jpc106 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hey!

Welcome to add me too! So is anyone else! Always happy to add to the network!
  • Moniqua1
    Moniqua1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Anyone here: feel free to add me :) I love new friends :)
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Rach (23) and I only joined MFP a week ago; but had a great boost when I lost 8lbs in my first week. I have sent myself a goal of losing 42lbs and will see how I feel then.

I'm enjoying it thus far and very glad that exercise helps with extra food. Any support would be appreciated, everyone on here seems to nice.

26257256.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter