When is too soon?

Options
amandager
amandager Posts: 49 Member
I'm fairly new to the whole dating thing, having been super focused on career and then being as big as I was, so I have not dated a whole heck of a lot over the last decade. When is too soon to "define" things or ask about dating other people? I don't want to be that girl trying to define things, but I don't want to date someone who's talking to other women, at least past the point of a couple of dates. I'm a big fan of honesty and openness so I don't see a problem in saying it when I feel it because I hate games when it comes to dating. Am I just naive? Is it wrong to want to know that you are enough for someone?

Replies

• Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Six days.
  • 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Options
    asap
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new to the whole dating thing, having been super focused on career and then being as big as I was, so I have not dated a whole heck of a lot over the last decade. When is too soon to "define" things or ask about dating other people? I don't want to be that girl trying to define things, but I don't want to date someone who's talking to other women, at least past the point of a couple of dates. I'm a big fan of honesty and openness so I don't see a problem in saying it when I feel it because I hate games when it comes to dating. Am I just naive? Is it wrong to want to know that you are enough for someone?

Yes your naive but you already know that and knowing is half the battle. Just telling him that your looking for a serious monogamous relationship and if hes not he should let you know ASAP. its simple
  • Ms_NewNew
    Ms_NewNew Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I agree with Dave.....Im always up front.....that way no time is wasted on either side
  • amandager
    amandager Posts: 49 Member
    Options

Yes your naive but you already know that and knowing is half the battle. Just telling him that your looking for a serious monogamous relationship and if hes not he should let you know ASAP. its simple

We've said we're both looking for the same thing, a serious relationship. When we're together it's good, in between seeing each other I'm not sure that's what he's really feeling
  • LinH412
    LinH412 Posts: 4
    Options
    Dave and Ms New are giving you great advice. Also make sure you know whether you feel you are "enough" for yourself. Don't fall into the trap of defining yourself by how others see or feel about you. It's an easy thing to do, for anyone no matter how much you weigh or how big or small certain body parts are. :heart:
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I would say after a month talk to him about it.