Upping Cals after Under Eating

Options
Hi there,

I was under eating by too many cals, around 12-1400 a day while just joined myfitpal and they're saying I should eat closer to 1800-2000 a day to reach my weight loss goal of 1 lb/ week with exercise. If I just increase my cals and keep activity the same, will I gain weight? Or will I start losing again?

Replies

• ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    When you say "they" who do you mean?

Do you know what is your estimated TDEE ? (maintenance calories)
  • dovek11
    dovek11 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I did not gain when I upped my calories. I began losing 2 lb a week. :) I upped the calories using healthy fats (coconut oil and an avocado a day) and protein.
    It may have made a difference that I did not increase carbs to fill the calorie deficit, on that I don't know. I just know I began losing with my fat/protein increase.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I did not gain when I upped my calories. I began losing 2 lb a week. :) I upped the calories using healthy fats (coconut oil and an avocado a day) and protein.
    It may have made a difference that I did not increase carbs to fill the calorie deficit, on that I don't know. I just know I began losing with my fat/protein increase.
    I've read of people drinking veg oil in addition to what they ate before and losing weight.
  • Whooleeah
    Whooleeah Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Great advice!! I think I will try doing this
  • bb_tiu
    bb_tiu Posts: 24
    Options
    same here!
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Normally, my diet has too few calories. When I try to "diet" and lose weight, I eat even less.

Joined here and found out I was eating too little. So, now I am eating more than I would when I wasn't even thinking about "dieting". And the first week of that (with only adding a few walks, no real cardio etc.), I lost more weight than I have ever in a week.

I'm a believer!

And yes, make it protein if ya can! Yummy animals...