Question

Options
So i only burn around a 1000 cals a week and workout about 200 minutes a week. Should i be doing more? I only ask because i saw the 3500 cal a week challenge and thought 'no way Can anyone do that and yet they were' Wats a normal good amount of exercise without over doing?

Replies

• paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I figure 30-60 minutes a day is a good guideline. It also depends on the intensity of your exercise. Doing something really hard like HIIT or weightlifting, you're not gonna be doing that for 4 hours a day. Doing low intensity cardio, you could probably do all day long without a problem.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I agree with DopeItUp- 30-60 mins/day. But I wouldn't say there is a normal- people here run the full spectrum from sedentary with no exercise, and using diet alone to lose weight, to avid fitness nuts. Think of it this way- your diet is for weight loss, and the exercise is for health and body composition control.
  • uvagirl
    uvagirl Posts: 4
    Options
    It all depends on what your fitness goals are and what you personally want to do. I myself rotate 3 diffrent workout Programs I workout 2 times a day. I have a base program REV ABS then I also do Slim in 6 and Power 90 then 3 days a week I go to the gym and get on a treadmill for 45-1hour. If you want more tips or advise I'd be happy to help or just keep you motivated :happy:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that size plays a role. A heavier person burns more calories while doing the same exercise for the same amount of time. So if you weigh 130 it's going to take a lot longer for you to get to 3500 cals burned than a 250 pounder.

And there is no normal. Do what you want to do according to what your goals are. If you just want to lose weight, you can do it by diet alone. If you want to be more fit, then exercise some. If you want to make the Olympic team, the work out for 80% of your waking hours. Choose what you're going to do according to what you want to be. Don't let our schedules influence you.