Is this a bad thing to be envious of?

Options
hannahamay
hannahamay Posts: 77 Member
I know this is a little odd, but I'm actually really jealous of the people who've lost a lot of weight and have phenomenal before and after pictures. Not that I would ever want to be overweight, but I'm just saying that I would love to know the feeling of accomplishing something that amazing and life changing. I can't even begin to say how astonished I am every time I see someone's fabulous success story.

I've never been over 112 pounds, now I'm at 96 pounds (don't give me crap about weighing this much because I am healthy and I can't help that I'm petite) and I feel like my advice when it comes to losing weight is insignificant compared to those who were actually overweight. It also bothers me when people say I shouldn't be so concerned about my health because I've always been small, especially when the person telling me this is someone who couldn't care less about their own welfare. I used to eat fast food almost every day, and I HATED exercising. I decided to change my lifestyle not because I wanted to be thin (which is a great side effect, I have to admit), but because I was worried about future health problems and I didn't want to have the risk factor of becoming overweight.

The point I'm trying to make is that I don't want to be envious of the people who have had dramatic success stories, because I am my own success story. I just want people to understand that you don't have to start out overweight to convert into a healthy way of living. I also want people to recognize those who are struggling to actually gain weight, because it's just as life threatening to be underweight as it is to be overweight. Just because someone is thin does not mean they are healthy, and just because someone is larger doesn't mean they are unhealthy.

Sorry for posting such a long topic, but I just want to know everyone's take on what I said, and I'd like to know about your own journey. :)

Replies

• katedances
    Options
    I know where you're coming from. I'm at 140 when I was originally around 130 and aiming for 120 because I made the decision to get on birth control just before the holidays. So my normal extra five pounds of holiday and winter food plus the extra from the birth control. Only having twenty pounds to lose feels so minuscule. Plus my mom who had over a hundred pounds to lose was dropping every week because there are so many things in her diet and lifestyle she could change whereas I'm kind of stuck where I'm at I just have to eat less.

But I understand you're perspective because it just feels like it isn't as big of a deal and the results aren't that life changing.

That's at least how I feel about it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!