Would love to have some support

Options
I am a fifth grade teacher with two kids of my own who are 4 and 8. I am getting ready to celebrate my 12 year anniversary to my wonderful husband. I am wanting to lose 25-30 pounds and never look back!!! I will mever be in this position again. I was a three sport athlete in high school and played college soccer. I am on a mission to get my athletic body back for good. No more excuses, I attend a workout (hardcore bootcamp) style gym 4-5 times a week. I am trying to do cardio 3-4 times a week on top of that. I have noticed a huge difference in the fit of my clothes but weight is not dropping of the scale yet. I have used the app but this is my first time on the site and am looking for support from positive people who will stick with me till the end! I am hoping to get ideas for eating, snacks and working out since school starts back up in a few short weeks! Thanks

Replies

• Sarah_thefatmom
    Options
    Hi! I am trying to lose 30-35 lbs as well! I had 2 kids in 2 years, a year later I am just now making losing weight a priority! I just started "dieting" this week and am trying to work out more often.
  • Tishia11
    Tishia11 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Add me!
  • ladyfogle
    ladyfogle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Ashley. I have slacked on my workouts for about 3 months. My husband and I started this week to get back right. I'm looking to lose about 15lbs. Add me!! we can keep tabs on each other to make sure we reach our goals.
  • mtbaumgartner
    Options
    Thanks sounds great!
  • Sarah_thefatmom
    Options
    Add me to, I am new to this site and would love all the support I can get!
  • karibeargirl
    karibeargirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Feel Free to add me as well!!! We all need support and motivation on a weight loss journey:):):smile:
  • Lalo_Nyc
    Lalo_Nyc Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Mt,
    You are not alone in this and you have plenty of support. You may get discouraged at first because you are in gym and watching what you eat and the weight may not be coming off as fast you would like. My suggestion is to persevere and be patient. Try to stay active, walk/bike rather than drive; track your progress with a pedometer. Drink plenty of water and please, try to get 7-8 hours of sleep a day. This is very easy to overlook in our busy schedule, http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/excessive-sleepiness-10/lack-of-sleep-weight-gain .

Switch up your workout a bit to include interval or hill training. Elliptical machines and treadmill both have this setting. Here is a great article that covers the benefits of interval training, http://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/interval-training-workouts.

Here is my story: I am a 5' 6" 49 year old male who had ballooned up to 235 lbs by last October. I started eating healthier at beginning of November and was down to 215 by end of February. On January 1st I decided to stop making excuses and joined the gym again to go along with my healthier eating. So, from end of February till today I have gone from 215 to 185. I feel better than I have in years, you cannot imagine the joy as the weight kept dropping an average of 2 pounds a week. I am going out of my way to add vegetables, fruits, yogurt, nuts, etc into my diet. I also going out of my way to be sure to walking instead of short drives; taking the stairs instead of elevators; saying no to that extra portion when eating out,etc.

Once again, you are not alone!

Good luck and don't be so hard on yourself.

Ed from NYC