best time to workout?

Options
klinkow
klinkow Posts: 26 Member
is it best to workout before you eat or after? best to workout before bed or right after you get up?

Replies

• JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter as long as it gets done. Personally I have more energy for working out when I first wake up after breakfast. So that's when I go. It's usually within 2-3 hrs of waking up.
  • jibbala
    jibbala Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    The best time to work out is the time you will stick to it. For me, I can NOT bring myself to wake up super early and workout. I do it after work, even if that means 830 pm. I know other people who thrive on early AM workouts. Everyone is different and you have to find what works best for you. You dont usually want to work out right after you eat...you could barf.
  • karibeargirl
    karibeargirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I do not eat before I work out, so I don't feel sluggish, and I work out first thing in the a.m. to get it done and out of the way:) But it is your own personal preference!!!
  • QueenGorgo
    QueenGorgo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    If your schedule allows, try working out at different times of the day to see how your body responds..I hate getting up early but it's the best time for me to work out.. I can't eat before I work out cause I get nauseous..but I do have something really small..like maybe a probiotic drink or a small piece of grilled chicken so that my supplements won't just sit in my stomach for hours..
  • klinkow
    klinkow Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the tip ill try a different times and see whats best for me. thank you
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    I read very often, to do cardio training in the morning and strength training in the evening, which is what I do. :happy: