How's Those Resolutions Coming Along?

Options
louisey112
louisey112 Posts: 576 Member
When January approaches, we all make resolutions, whether it be to lose weight, get a new job, find the perfect person, and so on and so on. Usually mine go in one year and out the other, but this year I really buckled down and holla! I actually put on a bikini this summer. Yes, high fives all around!

So what were your resolutions and did you keep them now that we're almost 8 months into the year ..

Replies

• SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    It's so amazing that you reached your goal!

My biggest resolution this year was to make daycare unnecessary for my daughter and (almost) step-daughter. I had pretty much given up when the position I'm at opened up and kind of fell in my lap! TADA! No more daycare!

The other one was to start running again and to be able to run my first race by the end of the year... I haven't started training for it yet but my plans for it start rolling tomorrow!
  • veggieshark
    veggieshark Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    My biggest resolution was to recover from anorexia nervosa. It's coming along so much better than I ever could have imagined. I eat a healthy amount, I feel energetic, my body image has improved greatly. I'm not yet weight restored and I'm having issues with my current therapist and I could probably eat more but I know that I'm going to get there.
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Mine was to keep in touch with my family more...we're not a close family, and we're all failing miserably. oh well, there's next year.
  • jching29
    jching29 Posts: 163
    Options
    Mine were:

-find a job that makes me happy (check!)
    -be back at 175 by August (check and check!)
    -smile more, frown less, and be a better person (check, check, checkity check!)
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    My big one was to get pregnant.

I didn't keep it because of how everything fell.

When I went to the doctor to get started with baby-making, she told me that I couldn't get pregnant until my body started ovulating. She said that if I lost 50 pounds by December, she would put me on fertility meds if I still wasn't ovulating (I have PCOS).

Sooooo.... I started in March, and here I am, almost 50 pounds down, and ovulating like a champ!

But once I started losing weight, and feeling good, I got kind of selfish and put off the baby-making until NEXT July when I can be done with community college (and off to university!) and really close to my goal weight. It's crazy that the thing I've wanted more than anything is ready to be attained, but now I want to hold off until my weight is right. I tell people I'm waiting because of health reasons...

... but I selfishly want to spend at least one day of my life being "hot"! :embarassed:
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Mine was to finally start on losing weight and stick with it. I'm down 30lbs so far, despite nearly 2 month set back from surgery. My ultimate goal was to lose 100lbs this year but I dont think I will hit that goal.. I am ok with that because I have stuck with this this time. I have learned how to eat healthier, learned some amazing new low cal/good for me recipes and at one point before my surgery was about to start week 9 of C25K. This in itself was an amazing accomplishment for me because I've never been a runner - ever.

For next year , I want to reach my goal weight, tone up my body run a few 5ks/mud runs.
  • greaseswabber
    greaseswabber Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I only had one resolution. Figure out how to stick with a diet using my Christmas present: an Android smart phone. I found Libra to help track and smooth daily weigh in data. That tells me where I'm at and how I've done, but not what to do.

I tried Noom Weight Loss Coach for food tracking. Fail. I need more more food detail than Good, OK, Bad.

I tried MFP second. Success. 38 lbs lost so far. I am at my lowest weight in 11 years.
  • hoppinfroggin22
    hoppinfroggin22 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My resolution was to lose weight! and what do you know I stuck to it and almost 60 pounds down and still trucking!
  • mskari77
    mskari77 Posts: 142
    Options
    I actually put on a bikini this summer. Yes, high fives all around!

HIGH FIVES! I don't make resolutions....but I did put on my first bikini in 13 years!! (that's the age of my oldest daughter btw). Even though I am 20 pounds heavier than last summer, weight training has totally changed my body composition. I have a better body than I did 3 years ago when I was 45# lighter...... So I guess my "resolution" of being a better me, is holding strong! :)
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I have so far failed to have sex with every woman on the planet....i seem to fail that resolution every year.