HELP! I haven't lost a pound in months :(

Options
I'm a 20 female at 5'4'' and weigh about 125. I've been working out since January at a local gym and have been gaining muscle/losing fat really well! But now I'm stumped. I haven't lost a pound in over 2 months. I've still got too much fat on my inner thighs and lower stomach and love handles. No, it's not excessive, just more than what I am willing to put up with. I've tried lowering my calories down to 900-1000 and did more cardio as well..hasn't worked too well. I've tried eating about 1,200 calories and lowered my cardio but intensify my lifting...that at least made me gain quite a bit of muscle, but still no fat loss. Oh, I forgot to mention, I eat very clean! So... I need help! Am I just being impatient and need to give it more time? Am I really doing something wrong?

Replies

• lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you are listing EVERYTHING you eat? I wasn't logging cooking oil, or ketchup packets and things like that, and it makes a difference.
  • jibbala
    jibbala Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I know we are all built different...Im your height and my body would not go below 127. Just wouldnt. Didnt matter what I did...more working out, new working out, working out twice a day, lowering cals, cutting out carbs, zero sugar (including fruit), IF...

I just accepted that is probably a point where my body likes to be and went on with life. 125 is by no means large or fat. It is actually a very healthy weight for that height.
  • Pilotgirl86
    Options
    Don't go below 1200 cals, if you do this, your body goes into starvation mode and you will actually lower your metabolism and have a harder time losing weight.

You should also eat at least some of the calories from exercise back, and drink lots of water. You should aim for 2-3 litres per day.

The other thing may be that your body is very happy at that weight. I'm 5'3" and I can't get below 117 no matter how hard I try. I'm not just working on toning and getting fitter rather than watching the scales.
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are eating far too little to me.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    I'm a 20 female at 5'4'' and weigh about 125. I've been working out since January at a local gym and have been gaining muscle/losing fat really well! But now I'm stumped. I haven't lost a pound in over 2 months. I've still got too much fat on my inner thighs and lower stomach and love handles. No, it's not excessive, just more than what I am willing to put up with. I've tried lowering my calories down to 900-1000 and did more cardio as well..hasn't worked too well. I've tried eating about 1,200 calories and lowered my cardio but intensify my lifting...that at least made me gain quite a bit of muscle, but still no fat loss. Oh, I forgot to mention, I eat very clean! So... I need help! Am I just being impatient and need to give it more time? Am I really doing something wrong?

You are at goal weight.

Are you just trying to get rid of fat?

Possible Set point in place and youll just be banging up against a wall.

Let me know if you need help setting up a cyclical diet that will help you recomp.
  • hippietofugirl
    Options
    You're not eating enough...its slowing down your metabolism. Eat 1200 calories PLUS your exercise calories back. The end
  • konerusp
    konerusp Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    increase your calories.When i hit a plateau i gradually upped my calories by 10% every two weeks,i found that at 1700 ive started losing again.you might gain a 1 or 2 pounds in this jounrey of upping it,but you will lose it once you get started on losing again.
  • michaelalalalala
    Options
    Sometimes you get to a point where you just can't lose any more..

Even when I was REALLY skinny I still had more fat than I would like on my inner thighs.. It just happens. Have since realised that if I have to hold it somewhere (everyone does) I'd rather hold it in my inner thighs than my stomach.. You seem to be at a pretty good weight, so maybe just work on maintaining now? Your body will continue to sculpt itself and you may find you're happy with the results just from muscle rather than losing weight..
  • dadof2boyz
    dadof2boyz Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough...its slowing down your metabolism. Eat 1200 calories PLUS your exercise calories back. The end

I agree... starving the body, turning into shutdown mode... up calories, switch up workout routines, do sometihng you've never tried before and switch it up every couple of weeks until you notice a change again. our bodies have an amazing knack for figuring out what we are doing to it and adjusting... switching things up makes a big difference when you hit those plateaus. If that doesn't work, jolt your body by doing something Turbulence Training. Check out Craig Ballentyne at turbulence training .com I believe it is. he has some really good mixups that might help you. cheers!
  • miamimanni
    miamimanni Posts: 23
    Options
    Are you sure you are listing EVERYTHING you eat? I wasn't logging cooking oil, or ketchup packets and things like that, and it makes a difference.

SUPER TRUE!
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    call me crazy for askin.. but why at 125 do you even WANT to loose another pound? lol
    maye your body is happy at this wt.. and if you workout and have muscle.. your probly look more like 115 and tone!
    not all about the number.. you look beautiful...
    then again im over 100pnds more then you !! and same height.. so idk.. i was just lil heavier then you at your age tho..
  • acnadler
    acnadler Posts: 1
    Options
    Drink lots, especially green teas. Maybe your workout isn't varied enough? Or maybe they're too intense. Have you tried working out less and walking more? Don't get discouraged!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    you cant spot reduce, but you can try eating closer to your TDEE and bumping up the intensity of your workouts.

lift heavier weights and start working in HIIT/tabata protocols.

you might also need to start looking less at how many calories you eat and more at your macros
  • Cristofori44
    Cristofori44 Posts: 201
    Options
    Yep goal weight and she wants spot reduction. Not happy with some part of her body--common with women. Will most likely need to up cals and lift weights, go lighter on cardio, and then cut. She needs bodybuilding advice--not weight loss advice.
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    increase your calories.When i hit a plateau i gradually upped my calories by 10% every two weeks,i found that at 1700 ive started losing again.you might gain a 1 or 2 pounds in this jounrey of upping it,but you will lose it once you get started on losing again.

This sounds like a pretty good strategy...will remember this one in the future :)
  • waveindigo
    waveindigo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat!!
    At 5'5.5" I'm 128 and would REALLY like to lose the last little layer of pudge so that I can finally see my abs.
    Not worried about the scales as such, but nothing I do seems to make any difference. It's really frustrating!
    Let me know if you find the answer!