Goats cheese!

Options
2»

Replies

• yerfgirl
    yerfgirl Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I like to put a bit into warm pasta with some vegetables and chicken. It melts and makes it creamy and tangy.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm

In the mornings I make a goat cheese omelet. I usually use 1 whole egg and an egg white

It is delicious in salads with fruit like pears.

Soooo yummy n home made pizza

Its such a delicious cheese

Pears and walnuts in the salad yummy!

Oooooohhh. I am trying that.
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    BUMP! I love goat cheese and am gonna have to sooo try some of these ideas.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    in a food processor with olive oil, lots of garlic, dill seed.... make it smooth and mop it up with italian bread.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Also yummy on grilled romaine with some chopped tomato, drizzle of balsamic. Sprinkle of bacon bits, too, if you're feeling sassy!
  • Liasings
    Liasings Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Great thread!

I buy my goat cheese from a charming Mennonite lady at the Farmer's Market. I get "Chive and Garlic" and Feta, when she has it.

I saute squash and onions in olive oil and garlic, crumble the Feta cheese on top and I'm a happy girl.

I'll have to try some of these ideas.
  • crimson_seven
    Options
    I'm a goat cheese addict. I seriously put it on everything I can. I have been doing high-fiber toast with goat cheese and an over-easy egg on top for breakfast. Also polenta with goat cheese, avocado, and salsa. Oh, and goat cheese on my Morningstar Mushroom lovers burgers!
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    These are all fantastic ideas! Thanks guys, I can't wait to try some of them out!
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I love goat cheese, it's always in my fridge (my husband thinks it's gross, unfortunately). I like to put it on salads, bruschetta, and my homemade flatbread pizzas.

My favorite salad to use it on also has baby spring mix, diced pears, glazed almonds, dried cranberries, and raspberry walnut vinagrette.
  • Yellerie
    Yellerie Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    This may sound gross but it is delicious.

Goats cheese with carmelized red onions, bacon, & butternut squash on cibatta bread yummy :)
  • VeganMotoGirl
    VeganMotoGirl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Crumble the Goats Cheese over a hot grilled chicken breast topped with a roasted roma tomato. OMG so good!
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Crumble it over peeled, roasted beets with balsamic vinegar.