Is it working?

Options
aqm22
aqm22 Posts: 153 Member
So, I've been seriously trying to lose weight for about a little over a month. I started with just diet modification. I try to make breakfast and lunch at home. Cook dinner more. Eat out less (I went I think three weeks without eating out). I try to eat more veggies. Then, about two to three weeks ago, I joined a gym and started taking classes both cardio and strength but mostly cardio classes. My first two weeks was pretty awesome. I dropped some lbs, but now, it's kinda stalled. I actually gained a lb since three days ago.

I know that my weight suppose to fluctuate and might be going up since I might be developing muscles, but I've only done maybe one or two strength training session a week. Is it suppose to add on that fast? It doesn't seem like to be doing that much in my opinion, but I'm not sure....Am I doing things right?

My stats
5'1"
157 lbs.
26yrs

Replies

• Pilotgirl86
    Options
    You should make your diary public so that people can see what you are eating, what you are doing for exercise etc so that people can make educated answers to your questions.

I can't really help you unless I know what you are eating and what you are drinking and what you are doing for exercise!
  • MarisaMoments
    MarisaMoments Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You should try to cut out ALL take out, but grant yourself one cheat day a week (don't go crazy with food, but don't feel guilty about a slice of pizza). Drink plenty of water. And be sure to keep meal portions small, while snacking on healthy eats in between.

The gym is great!
    It sounds to me like you're on track. If you're recently starting this journey, give yourself (and body) time to adjust. Based on your regimen I'm assuming that you'll be seeing progress soon.

Good luck!