Watch this documentary (Weight of the Nation by HBO)

Options
Highly recommend this documentary...a lot a good info clearing up misconceptions about dieting and losing weight.

For instance, did you know that juice is as bad for you as soda?

Also (new info for me), did you know that if you are the same weight as another person, but you have attained that weight by losing weight, you will have to eat less 10-20% less than that other person for the rest of your life to maintain that weight?

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/weight-nation-consequences/

Replies

• rosarenee1
    rosarenee1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I heard about it and have wanted to watch it. Thanks for reminding me! I love documentaries like that.
  • moonspells27
    moonspells27 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you, for the link. Checking it out.:smile:
  • etfan
    etfan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    It's an excellent documentary!
  • jillbeanschoop
    jillbeanschoop Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I JUST finished watching the third part of the 4 part series. I'm really enjoying it. I have long ago given up soda, juice, sports drinks, etc. but it gives me ideas of new things to change in my life. It is very thought provoking as well.
  • AllDIVA
    AllDIVA Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I dvr'd it! Very serious and good. I watch it when I what to eat something that is not the best choice.
  • tgaul
    tgaul Posts: 123
    Options
    bump
  • elisabeisme
    elisabeisme Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I watched this documentary too. REALLY interesting. I learned a lot. Highly recommended.
  • KATHRYN81177
    KATHRYN81177 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    HBO did an excellent job with the WEIGHT OF THE NATION. It was an eye opener for me. I recommend everyone to watch it. It really puts things in prespective. I couldn't even eat after watching that. I was sick to my stomach!
  • Casey45
    Casey45 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I've watched it a couple of times now. I mention it frequently in my posts here int he forum. Trying phenomenal series. It's been nominated for non-fiction Emmy. Hope it gets more widespread viewing since it so clearly explains the massive health care and public policy implications of having 2/3rds of the population overweight/obese. It's going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better.
  • nataliexxxx
    nataliexxxx Posts: 262
    Options
  • softsculptor
    softsculptor Posts: 102
    Options
    Agreed!
  • softsculptor
    softsculptor Posts: 102
    Options
    I dvr'd it! Very serious and good. I watch it when I what to eat something that is not the best choice.

I know! All I have to do is think about that scene where they show the hearts of an overweight vs. healthy weight person and I'm like: hmmm maybe I don't need to have butter with my rice...
  • Missklara
    Missklara Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Bump =)
  • cburky911
    cburky911 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I really liked this documentary. Not a lot of NEW information from what we've been told time and time again about the affects of obesity on our health...but the way it was presented was much much different and a real eye opener.
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I almost cried when Vivia appeared in the second episode.She is my height, near my age and weighs over double what I do.

Despite being fit now, I was bigger than all the other girls my age from kindergarten and finally became overweight through high-school. She said everything I ever experienced growing up. I was always the big girl at my elementary school so the guys kept saying I should always date the biggest guy in school. I have been working hard to keep my weight down for 5 years now and hearing her story just made me feel so happy.

I'm not alone. Oh my God I'm not alone.
  • KettydeDios
    KettydeDios Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Will check it out, thank you for posting