100 pounds, GONE FOREVER! (There's hope for you, too!)

I started my life changing process on January 1st, 2010. I was a senior in high school at 250 pounds, 5 foot 8, size 22-24. That's like, what, over 52 inches around your hips? Not the best size you wanna be when you're getting ready to venture off into a new life at college...
To this day, I am at a stable 145-150 pounds since around October, 2011. I can fit from sizes 4-8 (just depends on the brand) and I feel awesome! I'm at a normal BMI, and I've NEVER had a normal BMI in my life!

But hear me out:

The only downfall I have is having excess skin as a 19 year old. It's frustrating not being able to snap into a perfect body like some people, but I've accepted the fact that I will ALWAYS have rolls, little pudgies here and there, and overhang.
Why do I announce my downfall?
Because I thought if I lost weight, I would get this perfect dancer body. Sure, I love my Zumba, I love my elliptical, and I love figure toning classes, but sometimes, your body may not want you to look like that dancer body. Here I am, literally 20 sizes smaller, still getting self-conscious about my looks and overhang. BUT MY POINT IS that no matter how much you lose, you should feel more confident, proud, and determined to keep going. Not everyone can have the perfect body, but just because you have a pudgy roll when you sit, or your thighs still hardcore touch, DOES NOT MAKE YOU UGLY.
I want everyone to know this because I know the agonizing pain of dealing with body dysmorphic disorder. We look at ourselves in the mirror everyday (especially if you are intentionally losing weight) thinking "Man, if only I can get down 20 pounds," or "I feel so fat in these pants!" It hurts, but before you think that, think of the weight you've lost already. Can't you see, maybe even feel how much better just 5 pounds did for you? Wouldn't that make you feel accomplished as an overweight or an obese human being?
I just want everyone to be happy with their weight loss, no matter how much they've lost, because you know what? YOU LOOK FANTASTIC. Accept yourself as you are! You look great in your jeans, the dress doesn't really make you look fat, and your arms look awesome in that sleeveless shirt! BE CONFIDENT! Step out of your fat shoes and realize that it's a new you, whether you're 10 or 100 pounds lighter.

I've personally accepted the fact that I will not look perfect, I will never be perfect, but I'm willing to look at myself and be happy.

Because I am.

And that, my friends, is my success story on overcoming morbid obesity mentally. :)

Replies

• Merda
    Merda Posts: 2
    Great story hun- love your positivity
  • enterlinem
    enterlinem Posts: 4 Member
    Congratulations...that is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Congrats thats amazing! I am worried about the excess skin, I can already see it but thats bc Ive had 5 babies in the last 6yrs. But Ive read that I-Lipo can help with excess skin.
  • zoegator
    zoegator Posts: 165 Member
    Apparently toning and using strength building exercises will help with the excess skin aspect of weight loss. Also, if the weight is shed very quickly, it could result in a little "flab."

I agree though, it's wonderful to take a step back and appreciate the things that you've accomplished, not simply always thinking about the things we could do differently. My goal is to lose about 60lbs, and over the past 3 months I'm down 21lbs, and I didn't see any real changes until the other day when I finally noticed how different I look!
  • So true!
    Even the most "beautiful" people have body hang ups. The media frenzy around bodies will always leave us feeling second rate if we allow it. But you've achieved loads and must be so proud! xx
  • JessLLoser
    JessLLoser Posts: 235 Member
    You`ve done great! If only I could get there. And I`M 37!

At 19 you should just be happy! And proud!
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    You have a very wise head on very young shoulders :smile: A fantastic message to us all - Thank you
  • Dantanian
    Dantanian Posts: 18 Member
    Congratulations, well done.
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Very inspirational! Well done!!
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Well said and congrats on your successes!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!