This is the first day of my *new life!

Options
Today I'm starting fresh with my life. I've been heavy for all my life. I have taken control in the past only to let it go. I have a great amount of information on nutrition, as I've taken a few college classes regarding the topic. I've known long enough what I should and shouldn't be doing, unfortunately I haven't always followed that knowledge.

About 2 years ago I was in the best condition of my life. I say condition because, although I weighed in at 230 lbs, I was the most active that I've been in most of my life. A lot of that had to do with the fact that I was in a law enforcement program at my local college. Part of our classes included running, push ups, wall sits, and planks. Sadly, after graduation I didn't continue with my training and got lazy. I lost my conditioning and put on a little extra weight. That little extra weight is now 27 extra pounds. I'm not the heaviest I've ever been. I get short of breath quicker, I have very little energy, I make poor food choices, and I'm fed up.

I've decided it's time to take control again. This time for good. I need to give myself a chance at a happy and healthy future. I want to be able to run a 5k and eventually a marathon. But first I'd like to be able to run a whole mile without quitting. I also want to feel happy my body and see my strength in the mirror as well as feel it when I do something challenging.

Here's to change! I wish you all good luck on your journey as well!

Replies

• JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your heart is in it, not just your head! You are in a good place there is a lot of support here. With a two-pronged approach, diet and exercise, you can do this! Welcome to MFP. :smile:
  • Officialas
    Officialas Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Sending you all my best wishes as you start your 'new life' through this weight-loss journey!!
    You're going to feel amazing in no time, simply just by making this change! Good luck!!!! :D
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    sounds like you know what you want, good luck, and welcome to MFP, a couple key pointers: log in everyday no matter if your over your calories, exercise, and dont give up and dont let the scale fool you
  • jvhall83
    jvhall83 Posts: 35
    Options
    Congratulations on your decision for a better life. Always seek support when you are down and never give up no matter how hard the fight is. Again Welcome.
  • M3l1s5a
    M3l1s5a Posts: 69
    Options
    Congratulations on your first day!!!! You can do it!!!
  • Dantanian
    Dantanian Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good luck, your in the right place.
  • clairereds
    clairereds Posts: 23
    Options
    Good luck and thanks for the friend request. Positive thinking all the way !!
  • stacey1172
    stacey1172 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Terrific attitude. Good luck to you!!!
  • Sharon_73
    Sharon_73 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It will be a great journey and I wish you all the success! It soulds like this is the perfect time to start fresh and create the healthy life that you deserve!
  • MMMendoza007
    MMMendoza007 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Holla if you need a pep talk! :D
  • vivalapam
    vivalapam Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! Good luck! I need friends too, add me! :)
  • Carrie_Jones
    Carrie_Jones Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I'm starting out too and I feel amazing I've lost 13.5lbs since starting on MFP in April and I've started the gym and I feel amazing
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    So....how was the first day? Ready for day 2?! :)