I need your help! Newbie on board!!!

Options
Hello All!!

I'm new to using myfitnesspal and I defienitely need some friends who can motivate me along the way. I have had a struggle with losing weight for some time now. I hope that by counting my calories I can achieve my goal of losing 25 lbs and MAINTAINING IT! I am open to any ideas, comments, or conversation.

Thanks,

ms_monique_2004

Replies

• Officialas
    Officialas Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Welcome on board!!! I'm quite new to the site also, and already i can tell you of how supportive and loving the community is! You'll have no trouble keeping motivated surrounded by such genuine and kind people on MFP!

Just sent you a friend request.. anyone else feel free to also add me :)
  • jasminemonique1
    Options
    you can add me if you like im pretty new also. I have found that counting my calories and lowerering my intake of sugarary foods have helped me to lose weight. if you have an android smart phone and like to walk. I found a great peodmeter app called acupedo. it tell you how my steps you've taken and and how many calories you have burned.
  • MissTexas25
    Options
    Feel free to add me! You will find an amazing amount of support on here, we are all going through the same thing and know how you feel.
  • JoniRiaya
    JoniRiaya Posts: 79
    Options
    Sending a friend request. I'm happy to motivate and always looking for more motivation to come my way :) I'm also wanting to keep the weight off this time and know this is a lifestyle not a temporary fix :)
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like! I'm here for much the same reason! We can do it!
  • Gmichinok
    Gmichinok Posts: 2
    Options
    I guess this is where i start. Had a baby 16 weeks ago and need to loose some needed pounds. I start the ViSalus nutritional shake diet tomorrow and I hope it can help me. I like shakes and smoothies so I'm thinking it might be easy all i need is my blender. Would like to loose 10 lbs by mid August, I'm crossing my fingers. I came to this site hopping to find some motivation, Just reading some of your comments and stories makes me feel better so i'm very optimistic. :flowerforyou: wish me luck!
  • attia27
    attia27 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    we all are passangers of the same journey feel free to add me:love:
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Yes yes yes to everything that's been said! Anyone can feel free to add me :]
  • Zillah3
    Zillah3 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am new to! I think we all need help! Anyway I can help anyone welcome and I would welcome help as well. Such a mental struggle!
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend if you like, the key to losing the weight is eating the foods you enjoy in moderation. Look at this as a change of eating habits and not a diet. I have lost 22 pounds and don't need to lose any more and so I have been upping my calories by 100 a day every two weeks looking for my maintenance level. So far I lose weight every time I up my calories lol so I get to have a cheat day to gain it back. I stick with my new calorie level for 2 weeks before I up them again because I am allowing my body to adjust to the new amount. I started on here 2/27/12 at 1000 calories a day. I am now up to 1400 calories a day and hoping to keep going up on that number but like I said I am going about this slowly.
  • brooke_young08
    Options
    You can add me too!!
  • MrsSherrill
    Options
    welcome! friend request on its way =)
  • SLewis74
    SLewis74 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Sending you a request as well. The people here are great, supportive and motivating!!!
  • rosiewantsaburger
    Options
    Add me if you like!