Late Night Munchies?

Options
Are my downfall!
I Just ate i bowl of hamburger buns with sasuage and gravy!!!
I Was so hungry..But i still had 350 Calories left..
But how do i control the urge.?

Replies

• hippietofugirl
    Options
    A.) Go to bed. Sometimes your body mistakes tiredness for hunger
    B.) Eat a big dinner. I always save most of my calories for dinner, and its helped with the late night cravings.
    C.) Drink some hot tea with splenda - it can help fill your stomach; I drink swiss miss diet cocoa if I'm craving chocolate, and it only has 25 calories
    D.) If you absolutely HAVE to have something, eat some veggies or a grapefruit.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time with that too, usually because I'm not hungry until later. I'd say i'm safe to eat something seeing how I just barfed
  • Rylansmommy12
    Options
    I might try to get melation again (sleeping pills) So i dont have this problem!
    & I Feel so bad now even though i did nt go over my calories.
  • nphillips0124
    Options
    If you still have calories left (as in your case), I would worry less about not eating anything and just go ahead and make yourself a reasonable snack within your limits?
  • hippietofugirl
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the thing about eating late at night making you gain weight is a myth. It doesn't matter what time of the day you eat, or how you spread your calories out, it all about the calorie deficit in the end. If you stayed within your calorie goal, I wouldn't sweat it at all.
  • jasminemonique1
    Options
    I have the same problem so I started eating less in the earlier parts of the day and if i went over I would exercise. I try to eat light meals and snack in between so that I can eat heavier meals later on. also make sure you are drinking enough water throughout the day because sometimes thirst can be misundrstood as hunger.
  • Rylansmommy12
    Options
    Thanks i ve only been on mfp for a cupple weeks so this is still new to me.
  • gogospice
    gogospice Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I was craving ice cream. So I walked my butt 35 minutes to the store to get some. Got home. Put 1/2 a cup in a bowl, put a cup of some fresh fruit salad on top and voila! My sweet tooth was satisfied, and I felt good about it too! Don't sweat it. We all have good and bad days. Tomorrow is a new one, so make it great!
  • equiroz_92
    Options
    I have the munchies too aha. Here are some snacks that I eat that do the trick frozen fruit, a large apple with some melted peanut butter and hot tea. :)
  • Gailey
    Gailey Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I get late night munchies too.

I try to avoid alcohol (as it makes them worse, and my willpower non existant)

I will have a hot chocolate (one of the diet ones - 40ish cals) - tends to fill me up - or diet coke, although that tends to keep me up back and forth to the loo at night so not the best.