OC Fair FOOD, help!

Options
GenieBB
GenieBB Posts: 52 Member
What do you all go for at the summer fairs/festivals to eat?? I know I will be surrounded by funnel cake and fried twinkies!
Whats a girl to eat??

Replies

• GhostPack
    GhostPack Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hot dogs and Corn dogs. Another favorite is the cowboy rib when I can find it.
  • Kimberly_SoCal
    Options
    I just went last week. A few booths sell beef or chicken kabobs. I got the chicken kabobs - came with a pita and grilled veggies. My mom got a burger, and she was salivating over my kabob!
  • jc86
    jc86 Posts: 151
    Options
    I went Sunday. I ate lunch before I went, had a bottle of water at the fair and ate dinner when I got home.
  • Schmetterling14
    Schmetterling14 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The roasted corn! Totally great, even without butter!
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Im going on saturday and going to the bacon stand. Bacon wrapped turkey leg, bacon wrapped mushrooms, chocolate covered bacon. Yup. So glad I only watch my carbs and not my fat intake :laugh:

I figure it is only once a year, but it happens to fit in with my eating plan (primal -- though I'm avoiding dairy at the momet so I might have to skip the chocolate bacon..darn)
  • baddmama
    baddmama Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you really love fair food don't deny yourself. Just plan for it. Eat extra healthy the rest of.the time and plan on fittin in an extra workout or two. It's a great idea to eat before you go so you're not starving when you get there and eat everything in sight. Pick the 1 or 2 things you just don't want to live without. And go with a group of people so you can get one funnel cake and share between all of you. Then you get to enjoy without completely overeating on calories. Have fun!
  • Shawnette97
    Shawnette97 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I went to the fair about a month ago when it was in San Diego and I ate before I got there. I just read an article in Weight Watchers magazine about this subject. Stick to the chicken kabobs. Have fun.
  • GenieBB
    GenieBB Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I am going to stick to the protein/grilled instead of the fried. Maybe a 1/4 of a funnel cake won't hurt. :)
    I also might bring some snacks in my bag like fruit/nuts..I feel like I modify everything I eat so much recently that everything ends up being some sort of salad. I think about what I normally would get at the fair pre-diet/lifestyle change and I'm like..WHAT was I thinking??