workout dvd problem

Options
So I had insanity but did it for about a month and then got rid of it, did turbofire for a month and i borrowed p90x for a couple of days and then stopped. I cant do a dvd program for more than a month and yet I still complain that Im fat and want to lose weight. I dont know what to do about this because Im getting annoyed that many people keep losing weight and yet I really wanna do that and yet i dont have motivation to do it even though i know that im fat

Replies

• saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    are you bored? I would be if I did the same work out every single day. Switch it up.
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I think its more of that I have the option to press stop and anytime because when I was in college and I took classes at the gym there I would do them in its entirety but I really dont have the money to switch from planet fitness to another gym with gym classes
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    If you feel that you aren't motivated enough to stick with exercising, maybe you aren't really wanting to shape up?
    Most days I don't want to go running, but I go out anyways. I want to stop and walk, and sometimes I do. But then I kick myself and get going again. Sometimes hating every minute, sometimes enjoying how far I've come...
    The point being, suck it up, results don't just happen, you have to work for them. If you stand in front of the mirror not liking what you see, it is up to you to change that. If DVDs don't work, find something that does. Maybe have a friend drive you X km away from your place and dropping you off - it being up to you wether you walk or run home...
    Good luck.
  • jzsor12
    jzsor12 Posts: 69
    Options
    don't use a workout dvd
    create your own workout by what you've seen
  • acasey0123
    Options
    If you feel that you aren't motivated enough to stick with exercising, maybe you aren't really wanting to shape up?
    Most days I don't want to go running, but I go out anyways. I want to stop and walk, and sometimes I do. But then I kick myself and get going again. Sometimes hating every minute, sometimes enjoying how far I've come...
    The point being, suck it up, results don't just happen, you have to work for them. If you stand in front of the mirror not liking what you see, it is up to you to change that. If DVDs don't work, find something that does. Maybe have a friend drive you X km away from your place and dropping you off - it being up to you wether you walk or run home...
    Good luck.

im motivated to go to the gym or go when its nice out and go running but just not a dvd and it drives me nuts because i feel better when i have structured exercise basically telling me what to do
  • deponemonster
    Options
    I HATE to exercise so it has to be fun! Zumba dvds done 6 days a week as if it was turbo fire work like a charm because you sweat buckets or you could try a shorter comitment DVD like Jilian Micheals 30 day fat shed, which I have, it's a pretty good DVD.

http://www.amazon.com/Jillian-Michaels-30-Day-Shred/dp/B00127RAJY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343195406&sr=8-1&keywords=jillian+michaels+dvds
  • stellasando
    Options
    Check out the yoga videos by Mark Gonzales. He produces some of the best yoga videos I’ve seen out there. High quality, excellent flow, great instruction and he creates such a great workout experience. Check him out if you can! Hope you like them!
    http://vimeo.com/channels/poweryoga
  • acasey0123
    Options
    yeaI have about 3 JM dvds as well