circuit training .. yoga..? what to do what to do!

so today i got evaluated by a personal trainer and he put me through my first circuit training workout at our gym. it was KILLER, but it definitely beat the seperate cardio / lifting ANY day! he also told me to basically do any weights and strength before the cardio. so my question now is, tomorrow i'd like to attend one of the yoga classes. how do i fit this in with my schedule? should i do the yoga first and then circuit train, or skip the circuit tomorrow b/c of the weights involved and just do yoga (strength) and then typical jogging or some sort of cardio? thank you!!

Replies

• kmiagia
    kmiagia Posts: 104
    bumppp
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    If you wanna do yoga tomorrow then skip the circuit. Even P90X has yoga and it's not done on any lifting or cardio days. You can always do a little mini-yoga on a couple of circuit days but do it after your circuits when your muscles are nice and warm...that's when you can really improve flexibility...
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    In my opinion and experience you can do yoga before or after any workout depending on how you feel. Basically it's stretching, nothing more. I'm assuming the class is somewhere between 30 minutes to 60 minutes so if you're lacking flexibility you may want to put it on your rest day(s) if you can. If not, any time is good but it doesn't replace any kind of strength training.
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    I like doing yoga after cardio and/or strength and try to get at least five practices in a week. FTR, yoga is not *only* stretching and flexibility, depending on the style/type of yoga, it can also be cardio (vinyasa flow) and strength.
  • Check out the yoga videos by Mark Gonzales. He produces some of the best yoga videos I’ve seen out there. High quality, excellent flow, great instruction and he creates such a great workout experience. Check him out if you can! Hope you like them!

http://vimeo.com/channels/poweryoga