New here; would love some friends

Options
Hi all,

My name is Lori, and I'm new. I started tracking today, and I had a pretty good day.

Tomorrow, I'm headed back to the gym, and hope to make it a habit again before school stars next month. Once I start teaching, it's harder to find the time or energy to start exercising.

Looking forward to "meeting" everyone!!

Lori

Replies

• snoppdog69
    snoppdog69 Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi Lori,

I've been tracking on and off for the last year but am determined to get back on track from today. Hopefully try and fit in some exercise while the kids are off school.

Good luck with your weight loss/fitness. Also looking for some new friends, so anyone can add me if they want.

Ebee
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hi! I also have trouble getting myself to the gym (or into the kitchen...or onto MFP) during the school year, and I'm hoping to change that this fall to have senior year be my fittest year ever. I was a religious MFP-er last summer and it was quite effective, but then I studied abroad and totally let it go (I mean, you only live in the beer capital of the world once, right?), but I'm back now for keeps! A lot of my old MFP friends have stopped using their accounts so I'm looking for new ones & anyone can add me :]
  • gkershner
    gkershner Posts: 48
    Options
    Hi Lori,
    I'm a teacher, too, so I know how crazy the hours can be. I started seriously working on this just before Christmas and joined MFP about 5 months ago after the teacher next door told me about it. I did fairly well with the food aspect during school, but not so much the exercise. This summer I have tried to be more consistant with the hope that I will keep it up once school starts again. It would be great to have you added as a friend so we can encourage each other to keep going. Gloria
  • teachinlv
    teachinlv Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Gloria,

What grade do you teach? I'll be teaching my 4th year of second grade.

I'm impressed with your progress! Both of us will have to keep our butts moving when school starts.

Take care...
    Lori