Anyone own a Gazelle?

Options
I have one holding up the wall in my living room. Wondering if anyone uses it (the one by Tony Little) and if they are seeing results.

Replies

• fishergreen
    fishergreen Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My is holding up the wall in my basement. I tried it years ago but for some reason it puts too much pressure on the front of my feet and my toes go numb after 20 minutes.
  • Kipperdog123
    Options
    No, but when I was in Minneapolis, I saw two people who looked like gazelles (No kidding!). It was wierd.
  • Jani2416
    Jani2416 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have one, I started off on it....but I found that nothing was really happening. So I started brisk walking outside, now I'm jogging. It took a while to work up to jogging, but I love it!
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    No, but I want one! They look like fun :)
  • dianeellen2
    dianeellen2 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Sold mine on ebay a few years ago - thought it was rubbish (and boring)
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    got one at a yard sale for $10, now holding up my buddy's basement wall... but while I had it I loved it. Good way to start moving, especially if your knees are tricksy.
  • stfriend
    stfriend Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I used to. It hurt my feet, though, so I got rid of it.
  • gbers
    gbers Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I do and I use it daily. I log it on here as an elliptical. I watch a romantic comedy or some DVD I can lose myself in while I do it. I started out doing it 10 minutes a day and worked my way up by 5 minute intervals each week, and am now up to 63 minutes 6 out of 7 days a week. I also vary how I do it during that time, kind of like interval training- holding on to the bars, not holding on and using my core for balance, going real fast, jogging-speed, and then very tiny small strides almost sprints, as well as standing backward on it and 'running'-talk about using your core for balance! In using the gazelle (I have the freestyle model), I have met my goal weight and have maintained it for over 7 months now, have lost 4" off my waist, and have lost 8" off my hips.
    It really works for me! I would highly recommend giving it a try for a month and see how you do. You got nothing to lose but weight. :)
  • cb83580
    cb83580 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have one that I bought years ago. It makes a great coat rack :D
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Disappointed! I thought you were talking about the animal! :laugh:

I'd love a wee herd of gazelles! Or more realistically, black faced sheep and angora goats or even more realistically, a gerbil. I'm pet deprived at the moment...
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Thank you gbers for your reply-it was so helpful! I need motivation to get on the darn thing on the regularly basis. Good for you for reaching your goal weight!!
  • ChristinaBarnhouse
    ChristinaBarnhouse Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I purchased one at the beginning of the year and used it a couple times a week. I would do 30-45 minutes at a time while watching TV, which made the time go by really fast.

I haven't used it much lately because I have been running outside since the weather is nice. The Gazelle is certainly good if you're stuck in the house. As long a you break a sweat while using it, you're burning calories! :)
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have just got a gazelle freestyle as husband has knee and heel issues, this looked best option to get him started and it was less than £15! But we didnt get any instruction manuals or the dvds. Can anyone scan the manual for me, we cant get the time/distance bit on the machine to start and there is a magnet thing which we have no idea what to do with?

I did 30 minutes on it last night in two sessions and worked an extra 4000 steps onto my fitbit. Will try and find my hrm to get burn more acurate. I have a half marathon in ten weeks!
  • mandi272
    mandi272 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I use mine every other day for 30 mins, helps bit my toes go numb halfway thru ?
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    They used to have one at my gym and I looooved it, but it went away :( I found it was awesome for my knees, even better than the elliptical, and once I got my fitness going I could burn loads of calories on it.

If your toes are going numb, your feet are probably sliding forwards in your shoe or else you're pushing up against the lip of the pedal, just adjust from time to time.