Putting weight on?

Options
I moved from weight watchers to this site at the weekend, have exercised every day and have been under calorie target everyday but seem to have put 2lb on - thoughts/tips appreciated!

Replies

• Pilotgirl86
    Options
    Are you tracking everything that you eat properly? Are you exercising well?

Can you open your diary up to public so I can take a look at it and see?

1) You should be eating at least 1200 calories a day. If you are eating less than that, your metabolism will slow and your body will actually retain more weight.

2) Are you exercising enough? And are you over tracking it?

Other than that, without taking a look at what you eat and what you do for exercise I can't day much!
  • weefreemen
    weefreemen Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind as well our weight can fluctuate significantly. Even 5lbs is not unusual. If the weather is hot that can make you hold water as well. As the above post said, make sure you are tracking absolutely everything that includes every bite lick and taste. If you are eating a lot of fruit you may want to slow that down for awhile. It doesn't affect everyone the same but fruit has a lot of sugar and that can slow down weight loss especially initially. Good luck
  • loz4082
    loz4082 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks for the replies - I have made my diary open to the public (hadn't realised it wasn't!)

L
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    A few suggestions

After reviewing several entries - you seem to rely on alot of name-brands that are known for being prepackaged/processed. You do not appear to be getting in enough of a variety of whole foods at all.

You may want to consider better meal planning, perhaps relying on more healthier choices, and more of them if you are exercising every day - you could very well be running yourself way too low, net-calorically speaking.

Try considering eating some of your exercise calories back but make it from real healthy foods.
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I took a quick peek at your diary- be sure to log any oils or sprays you use during cooking. Beware salad dressings. Log everything you drink. I know WW has a points system with their food, and you have to buy their approved food items, which are low fat, low sodium. Are you watching sodium intake and drinking plenty of water? Switching from pre made meals to cooking your own can be hard, I imagine. It helped me to cut out red meat and fowl. You don't have to do this, but maybe stop eating red meats for a while. It's loaded with fat and they have a lot of calories that you could be using for more filling things. Try chicken sausage instead of pork sausage, turkey bacon instead of pork bacon, etc.
  • DanetteNel
    DanetteNel Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking measurements as well as weight?

It is very deceptive when the scale is not an accurate indication of your body composition.

My scale weigh fluctuates madly, but my hip and waist measurements tell me if I am still on track or not. If those go up, then I know I have to re-look my eating plan and make sure I am putting big effort into my exercise routine.

Also, as you lose weight, your calorie needs change. The less weight you have, the fewer calories you need.

Hope this helps and never give up!

23998327.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • loz4082
    loz4082 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    HI,

Thanks for all of your suggestions - some really helpful comments. I do normally cook from scratch and usually don't eat much red meat but have taken advantage of the hot UK weather and been BBQ-ing. Maybe I need to look at healthier BBQ options as this is where I seem to fall down in the summer. I am tracking measurements and they are styaing much the same over the last few weeks. I think it is maybe because I am so close to my goal weight (I'm 5ft4 and 62kg - aiming to get to 60kg) but managed to buy a UK size 10 the other day for the first time in years. I have been happy with the weight loss so far - just seem to be stuck these last few weeks. I have mostly cut out alcohol too apart from the odd glass of wine here and there which helped.

Maybe I haven't been so good at tracking what I drink though so will give that a try
    Thanks