30 day shred help

Options
Hey everyone

I started the 30 day shred 2 days ago and I am heard it was hard but my whole body is hurting! Especially my legs I'm shuffling down the stairs on my bum! Before this I hadn't exercised in AGES so I definitely expected some aching but I'm walking around like someone 4 times my age! My legs are burning when I'm simply walking? I've been doing all the stretching etc. Is this a normal reaction for someone who hasn't exercised in a while and is it OK to continue? Once I actually get into the workout I can ignore the ache, so physically I can still do it? Help?

Replies

• pixie_mills
    pixie_mills Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I started it a few months ago and the first few days really were treacherous...in my legs and abs especially.. I plan to start the shred again after about 2 months of virtually no gym trips, exercise dvds or anything...so i shall let you know my outcome
  • elle18287
    elle18287 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hah, girl, I was super sore my first week too. Sitting down to go to the bathroom was a nightmare, lol. If you fight through the pain and keep doing the work out, it will go away in a couple days. I love the 30DS, but it is rough!
  • kiks_89
    kiks_89 Posts: 3
    Options
    I was exactly the same when I started, I just pushed through and carried on doing it everyday (no idea if its safe but it didnt kill me!) and the aching wore off after about day 3-4. I just like to imagine Jillian stood in front of me yelling in my face to carry on like she does on the biggest loser, that motivates me to push though, :laugh:
    Good luck! The results are 100% worth the pain, :smile:
  • lorna1002
    lorna1002 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else, keep at it and it'll get better after 3-4 days.
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Definitely normal. When I did level one the first time, it hurt so bad to walk, sit down and get back up, and to climb stairs for about 3 days. Just keep at it. It will get better. :)
  • Ponii
    Ponii Posts: 1
    Options
    I do it now too, Im in level 3. But i had exercised for a half year before starting it. So I think I am now capable to do it. But please if zou hadnt exercised for years, then dont do it now. Start exercising simplier things,,, for example cardio. I started with cardio exercises too. For example, i love Adrienne White. Yu can find on youtube 3 of her super videos. I love the hip-hop videos from her. I did them a lot, and still love it. Thez had given me some strength and a lot of condition. Its just 3o min, but zou will feel amaying, after finishing one of them :).
    And after some days, weeks, i think you can start to do the 3o day shred. So its pretty normal, to ache, and feeling hurt in legs when you start from nothing.

I hope this helped a little bit :-).
  • Moxylein
    Moxylein Posts: 52
    Options
    Agree, I'm at day 5 at the moment and the pain definetely gets better. I'm even thinking of increasing the weights :)
    Just stick to it, it is hard, but it will get better!
  • julesboots
    julesboots Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    As said before, it will get better. Day 6 or 7 I could almost deal with it. I really don't think the stretching at the end is adequate at all, and I extended it. Seemed to help.
  • rusialeelee
    rusialeelee Posts: 143
    Options
    I felt that way too. I was so sore i wanted to stop. But Jillian said to keep going past the soreness. I'm on Day 8- Level 2. More than halfway done. I pushed through the pain. Keep at it! Everything will be fine !
  • Chellybell13
    Chellybell13 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Ahh Yay thanks you guys, just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one and it'd be OK :)
    Sitting down to go to the bathroom was a nightmare, lol.

Tell me about it! Haha