food meltdown

Options
I had an eating meltdown yesterday and ate everything in the refrigerator (not really - I left a hamburger). ;-( I don't know what was wrong with me, I just seemed to be hungry all day and finally I just started eating - carbs mostly, but also a bunch of fruit. I don't weigh in until next monday so maybe I can make up for it in the next few days.

Replies

• primrosehill
    primrosehill Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Bless - I really sympathise. I'm struggling quite a bit too and regained 2lbs of my 5lb weight loss. Keep at it though xxx
  • shrez
    shrez Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Try eating protein in the morning that helps me mostly. Eating low GI seems to help too. oh and dont beat yourself up just start fresh the next day :)
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    If we've grown up using food as an emotional crutch occasionally, it's a hard habit to break. Forgive yourself and move on. Today is a new day, and you're doing a great thing for yourself in focusing on health. xx
  • spongebex
    spongebex Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    If we've grown up using food as an emotional crutch occasionally, it's a hard habit to break. Forgive yourself and move on. Today is a new day, and you're doing a great thing for yourself in focusing on health. xx

Yes what mirandamayhem said and others have said! Put it in your diary, maybe try and think about how you were feeling that might have 'triggered' the food meltdown. But don't punish yourself! Today IS a new day xxx
  • adickens
    adickens Posts: 1
    Options
    don't beat yourself up over one day of over eating. we all slip up from time to time. next time youre feeling hungry like that try munching on protein instead of carbs. protein will make you full faster and longer while eating carbs (especially the bad ones) will just make you crave more carbs.
  • fay_pigu
    fay_pigu Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Drinking water and hot drinks are also recommended on here quite often.

EDIT: Hang on your diary shows that you've been under by 200 (ish) calories a day for quite a lot and yesterday was just a handful over. What's the issue here? Did you not log them yet?
  • DanetteNel
    DanetteNel Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have those days, too. I try to do more exercise on those days or the next day. And then I focus on my eating play for the following day, prepare everything and move on ;-)

Also, make sure you have a good filling breakfast with healthy carbs and protein, and remember to eat your small meals every 3 hours - this really helps curb the hunger.

Don't feel guilty - your calories over the week will even out if you behave for the next few days.

Keep the faith - You can do it!

23998327.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Thanks you for all your support. I know it was just a day and I'm trying to not repeat it. I think the problem was I didn't eat enough breakfast yesterday and I had too light a lunch so by dinnertime I was starving. So I started eating junk instead of making my dinner.
  • benita30
    benita30 Posts: 20
    Options
    I had an eating meltdown yesterday and ate everything in the refrigerator (not really - I left a hamburger). ;-( I don't know what was wrong with me, I just seemed to be hungry all day and finally I just started eating - carbs mostly, but also a bunch of fruit. I don't weigh in until next monday so maybe I can make up for it in the next few days.

We all fall off the wagon sometimes :). The important thing is that the next day you get back on and try again. Drink lots of water throughout the day, have protein at breakfast to keep you full, dont skip any meals!! Do some light walking or other excericse, or whatever you do normally :) .
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    My day had a disastrous ending. Baked all day, didn't have a bite tho I wanted to. As I am removing some mini zuchinni loaves one fell apart and of course that's all it took. Ate the whole thing and then more. But not going to stress over it. It happened. Didn't log it so I am acknowledging it on here. Tomorrow will be on target with cals and a heavy workout. Sheesh...was like I lost my mind!!!:sick: