What are your goals/rewards for achieveing your weight loss?

Options
I've been thinking about what is motivating all of us in MFP. I've only been doing this for a few days but am already feeling hte benefits of a healthier lifestyle.

My top rewards/goals for when I lose the weight are:
- fitting into a size 10 dress
- being able to run for 30 minutes pretty much nonstop
-completing my half marathon in october
- not having fat arms!!!
-only consuming alcohol 1-2 times a week
- losing my love of pizza (that's going to be tough)

What are you all striving towards?

Replies

• AmyDewTupper
    AmyDewTupper Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I weighed in last night and was a little shocked. The scales hit 206! That shows how big a part denial was playing in my life. I knew I was fat, maybe 195. Huh. Anyway, with TOPS and this website, I am on my way to lose 60 pounds. Not 50 as originally thought before the official weigh-in.

So my goal is to weigh 145. This will be a long, hard road but it will be so worth it.
    I'm on my way to the gym in a few minutes. For now, I am going three times a week. (Mon, Wed, and Fri). On the weekend, I'll take the dog for a walk.

I am counting my calories like a hawk and am excited that I have a weigh-in every week. That keeps motivated and on the straight and narrow.

When I hit 145, I will be excited to look for an entire new wardrobe! And even at 51, I will be accepting all those admiring looks from my women and men friends alike. LOL!

Let's rock it, people!
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    6 pack. It'll take a lot of work, but I am getting one
  • muirspud
    muirspud Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Im off to vegas in november, and my treat if i can lose another 15lb is to drive a nascar! If i dont, il gamble till im broke!
  • snoppdog69
    snoppdog69 Posts: 25
    Options
    I'm going to Italy at christmas with friends and would love to be my goal weight of 134lbs as possible.
  • missy3479
    missy3479 Posts: 30
    Options

I am working towards a six pack too however not the manly type either. I have a 2 pack now. ha. For every pound I have lost I have placed a $1 into a jar. I have lost 386 pounds and can't wait to use it to buy new clothes when I lose my last 5 pounds. Keep up the good work. Eating healthy and being fit is rewarding in itself.
  • 24debbie
    24debbie Posts: 14
    Options
    My goal is to be healthy so that I have many more years to play with my grandchildren. I knowing gaining 80 pounds in the last ten years means it's going to take awhile to get it off but I am committed to taking that weight off and feeling like me again. In two years I am going to retire so I want to enjoy life!!!!!!!!!!.
  • dawnblu
    dawnblu Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    New clothes baby! I used to hate to shop because nothing fit - looked great on the hanger but really bad on... that kind of thing. Now I go to try things on even if I don't buy. It's just great to have things fit! I love it. This fall I anticipate needing a whole new wardrobe because all my sweaters from last year won't fit anymore... I can't wait!
  • snoppdog69
    snoppdog69 Posts: 25
    Options

I am working towards a six pack too however not the manly type either. I have a 2 pack now. ha. For every pound I have lost I have placed a $1 into a jar. I have lost 386 pounds and can't wait to use it to buy new clothes when I lose my last 5 pounds. Keep up the good work. Eating healthy and being fit is rewarding in itself.

That's a really good idea of puttiing $1 in a jar, be able to buy myself some nice clothes before my holiday.
  • sneekspeete
    sneekspeete Posts: 136
    Options
    I have about 40 more lbs(OMG that sounds so overwhelming) then I'm spending about 150$ and getting my hair cut dyed and highlighted.Get rid of the grey hair along with the weight!
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    Long story short, my goal is to lose more than 60+lbs and if I can do it before June I'd be the happiest girl alive (atleast that's what I think) I'm going to Turkey, and want to be a whole nother person! Do the things I only dremt of doing if I was slimmer. :happy: :laugh:
  • FungusTrooper
    FungusTrooper Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Living longer than 60, hopefully.
  • ExtraordinaryMachine80
    Options
    I actually just made a few - when I get out of this decade (and stay there for at least two weeks) I'm buying myself a new heart rate monitor, when I get under 200 I'm buying myself a new phone, and when I hit goal I'm going to get a new tattoo
  • fleegle57
    fleegle57 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about planning some small, mini-rewards for my steps along the way to a total of 50 pounds lost. Every 10 pounds I do something nice for myself, like a pedicure, hair color, etc. Does anyone have any fun ideas for that? Once, in my past yo-yo diet life, I lost quite a bit of weight and rewarded myself with a Pandora bead for my bracelet. That was pretty fun but that thing is filled up now! I might just start a new one, though!
  • MSimm62385
    MSimm62385 Posts: 227
    Options
    Goals:
    -Reach a BMI classified as "normal," no longer "overweight" (this goal is almost achieved :smile: )
    -Reduce BF% until I can see ab muscles.
    -Recomp to get some modest-sized muscles. Nothing overboard.

Rewards:
    -Being in the healthiest I've ever been.
    -Looking better/feeling comfortable in my own body.
    -This is the best and most unforeseen reward: exponential increase in happiness and self-conficence. I'm amazed how much easier I've been finding it to smile and talk to people when I spent nearly my whole life as a shy little introvert.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I am at my goal weight, and the last time I remember being at my goal weight is 1983. My reward for getting to and maintaing the goal weight for six months is a new capsule work wardrobe (10 pieces, all interchangeable) from the luxury outlets in Houston - which I will get mid august!

My new goal is to maintain and do yoga every day for a year beginning this Saturday. My reward will be a new horn (I play horn in my church orchestra and need a back up horn)

But I must say, those material things pale in comparison to how great I feel!
  • indescribablesin
    Options
    My big big goals are a flat stomach and a thigh gap. NEVER had either of those. When I get there I'll be getting myself a belly button piercing and a hot pair of shorts/skinny jeans respectively!
  • waldenfam2
    waldenfam2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be at a completely healthy weight, right now my goal is 145 and I'm getting close but I think I'll adjust it to 135 once I hit goal. That will put me in the middle of a healthy BMI at 5'4". I'd also like to work on strength training so my metabolism runs more efficiently and I think it will help stabilize my blood sugar (was diagnosed diabetic last year). I'm also running a 5k in September, the warrior dash here in MI...can't wait, that ones more like a goal/reward built into one.

My rewards...hmmm, good question. I think for me, it's knowing that I've made myself into this healthier version of myself, and pride that I've controlled my diabetes without a ton of meds.
  • waldenfam2
    waldenfam2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Goals:
    -Reach a BMI classified as "normal," no longer "overweight" (this goal is almost achieved :smile: )
    -Reduce BF% until I can see ab muscles.
    -Recomp to get some modest-sized muscles. Nothing overboard.

Rewards:
    -Being in the healthiest I've ever been.
    -Looking better/feeling comfortable in my own body.
    -This is the best and most unforeseen reward: exponential increase in happiness and self-conficence. I'm amazed how much easier I've been finding it to smile and talk to people when I spent nearly my whole life as a shy little introvert.

These are awesome goals/rewards! I ditto all of it!
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 145 (25 lbs to go)
    Run a 5k in September (I am on wk 5 of c25k)
    Single digit size jeans (12 now and tight 10)

When I lose 50 lb I am buying myself a pair on gold hoop earring I have been eyeing at the local jewelers. (9lbs to go)
  • sanvanhaaften
    Options
    Getting my beautiful legs back and shopping for new nice dresses!