my first 5K.....

Options
i did it!!!! in 40:35 (not official) but thats what my hrm said. i tried for a 39 but hey i did it. it was only 48 here this morning which is cold for south carolina, the course was easy and there were lots of people. it was great!! i just signed up for another one in febuary, i am so excited. who would have thought i could do it. i now know I CAN!

i highly suggest anyone who is thinking about it, to GO FOR IT!

thanks to everyone who has posted on their races and training, i dont post much but i do read most post daily. so inspiring!

Replies

• nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    That is great!!!! Keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:
  • JPriceGA
    JPriceGA Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!!!
  • birgithooker
    Options
    I did my first 5K a couple of weeks ago. You did better than me. 42 minutes. I run really slow. I am really happy for you. Actually running my first 5K inspired me to keep up with my running and try and do another and actually try and shave some time off my run. A friend of mine finished his in 19 minutes. I don't think I can ever be that fast but I would like to do it under 40 minutes next time.
  • jennai
    jennai Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I just started the couch to 5k, and am looking forward to running my first 5k in the spring!
  • Najila
    Najila Posts: 18
    Options
    Congratulations, rogers8702! That is a huge achievement - you should be so proud of yourself. How did you start running? Outside or inside on a treadmill? I used to run a couple of years ago, but I've had two babies since then (including way too many months of bedrest!) so I'm incredibly out of shape. I will have to ease into it!

You should start training for a half-marathon! :)
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Congrats. It's addicting isn't it.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Congrats, Your first one is always such a great experience. You should be proud!
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I just ran my first 5K today as well. I did it in 30 min 50 sec (not official). There were hills (I hate hills). It was called the reindeer run and so many people were dressed up in costumes and then there were those that were serious about the run. It was great. There is another on January 9th and I'm thinking about doing it again. It was so much fun.
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone. i started running outside but i do the tread mill during the week now because its so dark out in the am or after work.

cherie NICE JOB! great time. im shooting for 30 mins on the febuary run, then maybe a 10K by the end of 2010, we will see.

running is great!
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!!! You go girl!! I love running.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!