Hypnotherapy

Options
Hi i was tlaking to someone the other day who said they had hypnotherapy to help with weight loss. the hypnotherapist trains the brain to relaise when its full so you stop eating, eat smaller portions, and make the naughjty foods you crave less desirable. Obviously you have to eat healthily and exercise as well but it helps with the way your brain thinks about food.

I was just wondering if anybody had tried it???

Replies

• Ashers83
    Ashers83 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I had a consultation and was told I would need 1 session, possibly 2. I did the 1 session and the woman I went to spent about 1 1/2 hours with me first developing the things that might be triggering my habits so she knew what "messages" to give to me while I was under. Ii was almost like a therapy session and that alone was very cathartic. The actual hypnosis part took about an hour and I remember some of it (kind of fell asleep). I would say that for a little while it "worked" and I'm still carrying some of her messages with me. I have always had a stong belief in mind over matter which is exactly what hynosis is.

She did send me a cd with a recording of my session but I haven't listened to it. Overall, I say give it a try. If you are open to it and are open to changing, this could be a helpful gateway to that. Good luck on your journey :)
  • AbsEN
    AbsEN Posts: 14
    Options
    Thats quite useful to hear. Did you just have the one session or 2? I have an appointment booked and was feeling quite positive about it but mu boyfirend thinks its a waste of time. I'm prepared to give it a go. If it doesn't work then it doesn't work and i haven't lost anything!
  • AbsEN
    AbsEN Posts: 14
    Options
    I found it really useful and it's got me approaching food in a completely different way. If i did find myself slipping back in to old habits then i would definitely go back!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Different, but I know two people who went to hypnotherapy to stop smoking, and they haven't touched a cigarette since. It's quite amazing and made a believer out of me. So, I would be very supportive in anyone trying this.
  • slimsdown
    slimsdown Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Get susan hepburns' book, its lilly allen's hypnotherapist (singer), i bought the book and cd from amazon for £2.50.

it is very good you just listen to it everyday it takes 20 mins, the book is full with sucess stories. least you get a cheap trial xx
  • kehuizenga
    kehuizenga Posts: 151
    Options
    Let us know how it goes! I grind my teeth really badly when I sleep, and I keep wondering if I could go to hypnotherapy to help me stop--mouth guards do not work as I usually just spit them out in my sleep. How did you find a reputable hypnotherapist? I feel like a google search will probably lead me to a bunch of people who also practice reading tarot cards and other similar things. Is there some kind of certification?
  • anna89marie
    Options
    i downloaded an app on my phone by a guy called Glenn Harrold. I've only listened to it twice but I noticed a difference right away.
    I listen to it in bed on a night and as a result no longer feel hungry between meals, and when I do feel hungry I crave fruit rather than chocolate like I used too.

I would definitely recommend giving him a listen.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I tried it back in my totally desperate days. It didn't work.