food before cycling

Options
kcnjason
kcnjason Posts: 35 Member
I currently attend a cycling class at 515am. Should I eat something small before going to class? Also, do I add that into the calorie count when recording calories for the day? I'm not over weight, not trying to lose weight, just tone up. What do others eat before cycling class?

Replies

• Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    It is best to have a small meal before working out, otherwise you won't be able to exercise properly because you don't have enough energy to. You could also get light headed.

Something protein rich is best, because it keeps you full for longer and it releases energy slower and steadier than other foods (foods that cause a peak and then a crash in energy).

Greek yoghurt would be an example.

You should add everything to your calorie count (the exercise too).
  • Lovelybirdxx
    Lovelybirdxx Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I use to do spin classes and wake up that early for them. I learned the hard way not to eat before any sort of working out. I keep hearing people say you need to eat before you go work out but it never makes sense to me. I wont be burning calories from fat that i have, id only be burning calories from the food that i ate. my personal opinion and im sure many would disagree.
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Whether or not u eat is a personal preference. Me....i would eat a banana and swig some caffiene on the way to the gym. The person who says not to eat because you wont burn fat doesnt know what she is talking about. Yes, it should count in your calories for the day. With all that said, cycling class will not help u tone up. I would incorporate weight training into your routine.
  • Lovelybirdxx
    Lovelybirdxx Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I said that was my opinion not to eat. I also said that if you eat before you will burn those calories before you start burning calories that you are actually trying to lose. I work with several trainers and what they say makes sense. Then again i did mention it is more opinionated rather than fact.