It fits!!!!!!

Options
tlapdx72
tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
I have to go to my husbands Christmas party tonight. I have been getting out of going for the last two years. I would look for dressy clothes for the parties, but I could never find anything that looked nice on me. I have not worn a skirt in probablye 6 years. Well I found an outfit that I really didn't like(because it was too big), but I got it anyway. However, today I just wasn't feeling good about the outfit. I started going through my closet, and found a very nice black skirt that I only wore one time about 6 years ago for another Christmas party. I also found a pretty red button up shirt that I don't think I ever wore. I didn't think that they would fit, but they did, and it fits perfect!! Now I can go to the Christmas party and feel like I look nice for once:happy:

I'm sure lots of you out there can relate to not wanting to go to parties, because you can't find anything that you like.

Replies

• here_to_lose
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I am still waiting to fit into my old jeans that I still keep around as a marker to show I am losing weight and on the right path. Too scared to try them on now. Maybe another 2 weeks.
    Congrats!
  • daniela_vittoria
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I know that has to feel good!!
  • shinybonnie
    Options
    That is awesome!!! I know exactly how you feel/felt not wanting to go to parties when you can't feel good about how you look. How wonderful to feel good about yourself again, and to be ready to go out and socialize, schmooze, smile, knowing you look great... Ah, I'm so happy for you! Thanks so much for sharing.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    That's terrific! Good for you.
    :flowerforyou:
    I had a similar moment the other evening. I needed something a little dressy, but didn't want to buy anything right now...
    So I started digging & found a nice jacket that has always been too small & it fit! It looked great with pants I already have.
    And just like you - I felt great!
    :wink:
  • jwells26
    Options
    Awesome! I just got into a blue pencil skirt that I have not been able to get in to for almost 2 years!!!! I was soooo excited!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!