Looking for emotional eaters to help support each other!

Options
13»

Replies

• mrsevanrust
    Options
    I am a total emotional eater- I seem to be able to kill myself to have everything else in my life under control, so I look at eating as an outlet to that pressure. Sad, happy, scared, or angry- food is always the first thought that comes to mind.
  • ironicusername
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I can relate big time. I'm a huge emotional/stress/boredom eater. The past couple of years have been hard on me as well. So much stress/depression/anxiety from very difficult situations, life changes that I did not want but didn't have much of a choice over. I gained somewhere around 60 pounds after I was starting to get in pretty decent shape (for me, anyway). So far since March I've been doing really well and I've lost 34 pounds. I've had ups and downs, but so far so good. Trying to keep positive and determined to meet my goal once and for all. Lately it's been a little more on the difficult side. I haven't been feeling well and I just don't have the energy to do much of anything. So I just want to eat. Anyway, I'd love to have friends on here who can relate to this specific problem as well. At least we're all here taking accountability!
  • spinningma
    spinningma Posts: 45
    Options
    Wow... nice to know I am not the only one! I never realized that I was such an emotional/stress eater. I also had a husband who was part of a downsizing deal... did the unemplpyed bit and then tried to start his own business. Stressful living off just my income... and we have 2 great children. My 7 yr old son has ADHD and it is exhausting trying to keep up with him and keep him on the right path. I spend so much time trying to control everything else that I lost complete control of food. I just started this month and I am starting to feel in control once again of food and exercise. It feels good. I'll gladly accept friends on this journey.... I'd love to send words of encouragment and be a ear for venting vs going into the fridge.
  • hijude57
    hijude57 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I sent a friend request. I am such an emotional eater. Many stresses in my life but also many pluses. I try to remember the good stuff that is in my life. I have not yet found a way to stop the emotional evening snacking. How do other people deal with stress?
    I welcome any friends!
  • Carrie_Jones
    Carrie_Jones Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Carrie Jones from Milton Ontario...I've been on MFP for a couple of months and it's amazing I've lost 13.5lbs and started working out in the gym 3-4 days a week.

I'm a total emotional eater and because of that I'm morbidly obeses as it's put by my doctor. When I saw that I felt terrible and of course the first thing I wanted to do was to be with my best friend...and her name is FOOD.

I'm hope that we can support eachother to achieve our personal goals. I'm on my way!!! Please feel free to add me as a friend and we can do this journy together.
  • caseydziadek
    caseydziadek Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I for sure struggle with emotional eating... I eat when I am sad... I eat when I am happy. I don't know, I just really like to eat. How embarrassing is that.... what I have found helps me is getting lots of sleep, don't get too tired, and I try and do 30 minutes of working out in the am, just after I get up. I find this gives me a totally different outlook on life, gets my endorphines going :) I really notice the difference from when do that and when I miss the workouts.

Good luck, we are all here for each other!
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    that would be me. anyone can add me too