Not only passed the test, I SMOKED IT!!!

Options
As a referee, every year I have to pass a physical fitness test to renew my registration. Every year I've had to train to make sure my body was ready to go for this test. The test consists of 6 x 40m sprints in 6 sec or less following by intervals of 150m run followed by 50 meter walk.

So last year they required us to do 20 of those intervals, completing the 150m in 35 sec and giving 40 seconds for the walk. I barely made it through. The last couple intervals in particular I really had to dig deep and push it to the point of total exhaustion to get through.

This year they changed things up. Referees in my category were only required to do 20 intervals with timing of 40 and 45 seconds for run/walk respectively. Referees in a higher category (those typically looking to become national/pro referees) had to do 24 intervals timed at 35/40. Because I had something to prove to myself, I elected to do the harder test. I absolutely scorched it. After the 23rd interval (3 more than last year) I felt like I could easily go on and do 4-8 more. I felt so good in fact that for the last interval run, I sprinted, pulling it off in about 25 secs!!!

Replies

• SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • nikibob
    nikibob Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    that's amazing! always good to see such great results for our hard work! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!