Not eating enough... Gaining

Options
I've had a very emotional week, and finding it hard to get all my calories in for the day. I'm about 400-700 calories under, and I stepped on the scale this morning, and i'm up about a pound. what's up with this?....

Also... I've been taking IBUPROFEN for a sore back... wonder this that makes your body retain water.

Replies

• half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo no no no no noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • PicNic00
    PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo no no no no noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

cool
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    No what!? o_0
  • PicNic00
    Options
    No what!? o_0

Lol... Not sure what she was saying no to...
  • xdieselx
    xdieselx Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    1 lbs isnt that much, dont worry about it. Your weight will always fluctuate. Maybe you just gained muscle? :P If you have been undereating for a couple of days your body might have went into starvation mode so you wont notice any weight loss as your body doesnt burn that stored fat since you arent taking enough calories to fuel your body. Make sure you eat enough and that 1 extra lb will go away as you keep exercising no worries.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    one pound could just be water yes, especially with an injury, but it's also normal to have periods of time where your body stops dropping weight and takes time to shrink or just rest, maybe even bouncing the same pound or two around, before dropping again. Based on your ticker I'd guess you are obese, well the good news is that means you can eat at a bigger deficit so long as you are keeping up your protein and vitamins to prevent side effects like hair loss.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    If you aren't eating enough you will not gain fat. It's fluid weight most likely.
  • kasslass2
    kasslass2 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Exact same situation (minus the sore back). Worked out harder yesterday than normal, couldn't eat back all my calories and gained like 3 lbs. Granted I really upped my water intake as well. Still irritating! Trying to keep my "eye on the prize" though. If it is water weight....it will flush!
  • Nancy_AZ60
    Nancy_AZ60 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    How did you hurt your back? Hope it feel better soon. PAIN stinks. Your body is pretty smart if you starve it, it will want to hang on to every ounce of extra weight. Maybe add some Salads to your routine, you have been in Ketosis a long time now.
  • PicNic00
    Options
    How did you hurt your back? Hope it feel better soon. PAIN stinks. Your body is pretty smart if you starve it, it will want to hang on to every ounce of extra weight. Maybe add some Salads to your routine, you have been in Ketosis a long time now.

Hurt my back lifting the TV out of my son's room. It's feeling better today though. Swimming helped. As for veggies, I do need add more.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Your weight fluctuates from hour to hour, day to day. If you're constantly getting on the scale you will drive yourself nuts!! Honestly 1 pound is not even a good poop! Weigh in once a week or even better once a month. Go by how your clothes feel!
  • ChelleFeegan
    ChelleFeegan Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hope your back feels better