Chicken Recipe HELP!

Options
13»

Replies

• mat0424
    mat0424 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I liked the Panko idea and this is what I ended up doing and I must say it came out DELISH!!!!
    I pounded out 4 chicken breast seasoned them with "Slap Your mama" Cajun seasoning. put 1 wedge of laughing cow in each breast. spread it out the width of the breast not the length covered the breast with raw spnach rolled it up and secured with toothpicks, dipped it in egg whites and rolled in panko. Put them in a glass baking dish, not touching on the sides so every side would get crunchy. Baked at 350 for 30 minutes!!! served with sauteed asparagus...I would put this on the restaurant menu! The laughing cow cheese didn't ooze out like other cheeses would have. it stayed in the breast so you got the crunch of the panko and the creamy of the cheese. Thanks so much for your great ideas...I put chicken out again this morning to try the stir fry idea tonight! :happy:
  • mat0424
    Options
    I would stuff it with laughing cow, bread it with panko, and bake. Steam asparagus or roast asparagus and zucchini. :)

This sounds yummmmmmy!!!!

IT WAS VERY YUMMY!!!
  • mat0424
    Options
    Alice Springs Chicken
    Slightly adapted from Linda's Low Carb Recipes at www.genaw.com

Ingredients:
    7 oz raw chicken breasts to yield 4.5 oz cooked (3/4 Lean)
    1 piece of bacon, cut into pieces or I used a few sprinkles of turkey bacon bits
    1/4 cup mushrooms (this is after cooked measurement), sliced (1/2 Green)
    1/4 cup sliced green peppers (1/2 Green)
    1 tablespoon light butter (1 Healthy Fat)
    1 ounces or 1/4 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded (1/4 Lean)
    1/4 tsp garlic salt (1 Condiment)
    1/8 tsp pepper (1/4 Condiment)

Directions:
    Season the chicken with garlic salt and pepper; grill until just done. Keep the chicken warm. Meanwhile, fry the bacon in a skillet until crisp; drain on paper towels. Sauté the mushrooms and green peppers in butter until tender. Place the chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet. Top chicken with the mushroom and green pepper mixture, crumbled bacon and then with the shredded cheese. Broil until cheese is melted and bubbly.

1 Serving with 1 Lean, 1 Green, 1.25 Condiments and 1 Healthy Fat

Yum gona try this one!