Kinda new and trying

Options
lawryjm
lawryjm Posts: 4 Member
Hi everyone! I am fairly new to this site, but have been struggling with stress eating and busy weekends. I am really trying to focus more this week on eating healthy, exercising, and tracking. I am getting married next May and have a trip scheduled for Thailand this November, which both include beaches. I am super excited but have low self esteem so I am hoping my new efforts and MFP will get me back to the fun loving, I don't care what others think of me because I look great self worthy.

I ran a half marathon about 2 years ago and suffered a knee injury shortly after. I have been struggling to get back on track since. It has been a slow and frustrating process. My goal is to really be healthy and only to lose about 10 pounds. I have signed up for another half marathon, so I am hoping to keep up with the training and make it through to the end!

Any support and friends would be awesome.

Replies

• MMMendoza007
    MMMendoza007 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you! You've certainly given yourself plenty of time to reach your goal!
  • wilted_daisies
    Options
    Good luck :) I think the fact you have lots of goals to work towards should keep you motivated.

I have done a couple of half marathons in the past, its when I stop running that I pile on the pounds... way, too many pounds! I too want to get back into running, and this time stick with it, I go through fits and starts and each time I've put on weight when I've stopped, this last time being the most weight I've ever gained.

I plan on starting some basic fitness over the next couple of weeks (in addition to walking 6 miles a day, which is the norm for me and therefore doesn't really benefit me), and then after that, I will start a run/walk program and gradually build up my running again. So I will happily accompany you on your weight loss and running journey :)
  • Tiffani1985
    Options
    I am kinda new to the site as well I have been on here since last week. I also need support and motivation. I had my daughter 14 months ago via c-section and it is very hard to lose the weight. Iam trying to be the weight I was like 4 years. My goal is 155 maybe 150. I know I can do it but the support of friends and family is great to. I have cut back on my food I eat and exercising more. If you want to we can be a support and motivation group for each other. Congrats on getting married next May I know that if you put your mind to it you can do anything. First of all dont care what others think of you you care what you think of you. You lose the weight for yourself no one else. You have got to be confident about yourself and say I can do this I will lose the weight. I hope these words are encouraging to you and I hope we can get to our goals together maybe.
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the upcoming wedding! Support is wonderful and this site is addicting. Feel free to add me if you would like. I struggle with staying on track food wise during the weekends, so maybe we could help each other out there.
  • Hana1993
    Hana1993 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey there :)
    Welcome
    me 2 i'm also new here
  • NWCyclingBeast
    NWCyclingBeast Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You'll find a great deal of support here.