Yum Yum Brownie Muffins =]

Options
food_junkie
food_junkie Posts: 434
So, I was a little hesitant when I first read the recipe because it only has two ingredients! But they turned out great!

Ingredients:
- 1 box of devil's food cake mix (18 oz)
- 15 oz. can of pumpkin

Directions:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Mix together the two ingredients (the mixture will be thick, do NOT add anything else.)
- Spoon mix into lined muffin tray or one that is sprayed with nonstick spray
- Bake for 20 minutes

- Makes 12 regular or 36 mini muffins

Nutritional facts:
- 1 serving (1 regular muffin or 3 minis)
181 calories
3.5g fat
37g carbs
2g fiber
2g protein
4 WW points

I found that these taste so much more moist and fudgy if you wait 'till the next day to eat them! When first out of the oven, the outside of them were kind of plastic-like? Haha, but yeah delicious either way! I also just read from the HG website that you can use any kind of cake mix you want, not just devils food! I think I'm going to try making the confetti muffins this weekend! :smile:

Hope you all like them! :happy:

Replies

• food_junkie
    Options
    So, I was a little hesitant when I first read the recipe because it only has two ingredients! But they turned out great!

Ingredients:
    - 1 box of devil's food cake mix (18 oz)
    - 15 oz. can of pumpkin

Directions:
    - Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
    - Mix together the two ingredients (the mixture will be thick, do NOT add anything else.)
    - Spoon mix into lined muffin tray or one that is sprayed with nonstick spray
    - Bake for 20 minutes

- Makes 12 regular or 36 mini muffins

Nutritional facts:
    - 1 serving (1 regular muffin or 3 minis)
    181 calories
    3.5g fat
    37g carbs
    2g fiber
    2g protein
    4 WW points

I found that these taste so much more moist and fudgy if you wait 'till the next day to eat them! When first out of the oven, the outside of them were kind of plastic-like? Haha, but yeah delicious either way! I also just read from the HG website that you can use any kind of cake mix you want, not just devils food! I think I'm going to try making the confetti muffins this weekend! :smile:

Hope you all like them! :happy:
  • winwin
    winwin Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    This recipe sounds so easy and so scrumpcious! Thank you for sharing. I used to put mashed up peas in chocolate muffins to get my kids to eat more veggies. (Of course, they never knew.) This is great!

Leslie
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    The pureed pumpkin turned me off - not a pumpkin fan.
    Was the pumpkin overpowering?

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • jsmalla
    jsmalla Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Been there. Done that. Enjoyed every bite! Very good!
  • food_junkie
    Options

Yeah that was my concern too..but no not at all! I could have probably sat there and ate the two mixed together raw hahahaha
  • tannia
    tannia Posts: 1
    Options
    A friend of mine makes these same muffins with Spice cake mix...they are delicious and only 2 WW points!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

Yeah that was my concern too..but no not at all! I could have probably sat there and ate the two mixed together raw hahahaha
    oh yay!!!
    I'll make these next weekend with the girls.
    Thanks!

• jcummings69
    jcummings69 Posts: 183
    Options
    I made these last night and they taste just like chocolate cake! Yum. The only thing that would make them better is some chocolate frosting and if they had less calories so that I could eat more!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    ooo sounds sooo good and I love me some pumpkin! lol I like the spiced cake mix too was thinking that would be amazing!!

hugs!
    Ali :tongue: hmmm brownies for breakfast?!! would that be bad? lol
  • food_junkie
    Options
    I just made these with strawberry cake mix! YUM.

And no ali, these would not be bad for breakfast haha. I mean "muffins" are considered breakfast food right? :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    a big BUMP for the holidays!
  • JasiBella
    JasiBella Posts: 1,168
    Options
    1042chocomuffin.jpg

:flowerforyou:
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I saw these in my HG cookbook lastnight! yum
  • JasiBella
    JasiBella Posts: 1,168
    Options
    I haven't looked through my HG book in sooo long. Forgot about these yummy things.
  • nevertellen34
    Options
    You know what would go fantastic on these for frosting.... fat free coolwhip,,, and a little shake of coco on top for the dramatic effect... I am wagering my 14 year old son wont know hes eating pumpkin hahahaha.How do I figure in the calories for each type of cake mix? what other mixes can substitute the pumpkin in? muffins? anything else?
    Another yummy suggestion for the creative is to take a little coffee powder instant to the chocolait cake mix,,, for a adult cupcake,,,yes with fatfree coolwhip.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Made these last night and topped with lite whipped cream and some strawberries.

They are SOOOOOO good!:love:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I made them yesterday, too!!!:love::love: :love: I'm trying to ignore them today!!:noway:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I made them yesterday, too!!!:love::love: :love: I'm trying to ignore them today!!:noway:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Me too!!!!!!!!!!!
  • laurabelle25
    Options
    O M Goodness these sound D...Lic....ious!!!!! I'm going to make them this weekend!
  • elisejerry
    Options
    I'm bumping this to make tonight.:happy: